Recent content by STC

1. S

Stereo Crosstalk Elimination (reduction) Par Excellence!

If you are referring to Chesky’s demo tracks then it would be unfair comparison as those recordings made with BACCH in mind.
  2. S

Electrostatic speakers?

All stereo recordings takes advantage of the absence of crosstalk with headphones but at the expense of missing pinna frequency shaping. Binaural with headphones is without XT and pinna frequency shaping although it’s not yours.
  3. S

Andrew Quint Reviews the Unique BACCH-SP Stereo Purifier

Which is better subjectively can only be determined when every developer himself makes the recording and personally setup your system so that you can listen to all the different XTC out there and judge for yourself.
  4. S

XTC meant to listen to conventional stereo recordings. Although, having special binaural or other recording with correct ILD and ITD can enhance the XTC effect, it is not the intent of XTC to listen only to some special recordings. Not all artists can have access to Chesky to mastered to make...
  5. S

L800 comes with fixed values and therefore to get perfect XTC to match your HRTF, you need to moved the speakers until it matches yours. Whispering reaching your ears is something you can play with a DAW by just send the inverted delayed signal to the other speakers. You just need a delay...
  6. S

BACCH4Mac "Absolute Sounds Product of the Year 2024"

Stereo listening is anti social so I am not keen on head tracking unless for headphones. I am not sure if head tracking can accommodate multiple listeners simultaneously. I am unable to follow the other part because I am dealing with speakers playback and you are dealing with headphones to...
  7. S

Just on this for now because and I will edit additional thoughts later as it getting late. I will pass you the link and contact person for real time head tracking DIY and extremely cheap. maybe, it will be useful for you. The rest I will continue here by way of edits…..
  8. S

LOL! Thanks for stating this! You have just proven XTC is not that complicated. Here you are saying that Cyan and blue are response of XT signal at one ear or both? Sorry for being so stupid not quite understanding them.
  9. S

Please explain me this graph. The top line violet and gold are after XTC and measured at the ears for left and right source or just from the left speaker’s sound? Thank you.
  10. S

That is correct and such response corresponds with measurements done by others. If you can somehow get the perfect response with correct phase to be launched from the right speakers delayed by 291 μs the you should have perfect cancellation if the inverted signal matches it exactly. in real...
  11. S

To understand what you are trying to convey, let’s start with the blue and red line. The measurements are for:- Please state the color of LL and LR. My guess is Blue and orange?
  12. S

Did you take these measurements using mics inside your ears? If so then the measurements in milliseconds were wrong. Interaural crosstalk cancellation deals with the errors happening within μs and not milliseconds. The longest possible interaural time delay between human ears is around 600 to...
  13. S

Why are you saying that at 7 meters the difference in response reduced? Are you saying if a bird tweet from seven meters away we cannot tell where the sound is coming from? XTC is the same as headphones listening plus pinnae’s role. If you look at my diagrams above the smearing of trumpet...
  14. S

….furthermore, the argument that engineers mixed with crosstalk intended them all such recordings should sound correct with headphones as headphones do not have any interaural crosstalk. XTC’s objective is to present such sound to the ears and as a bonus since this sound emerges from speakers...
Top Bottom