Recent content by stbourg

1. S

Daphile, Digital Music Convenience for Audiophiles

Mounting external USB HDD at boot on Daphile. Hi all, Anyone more clever than me who knows how to get Daphile to mount an external USB HDD at boot/startup? I use this command now to mount it > "sudo mount -t ntfs UUID=0804068F0804068F /srv/mediaserver/music/Internal\ Drives/Music" It works but...
  2. S

Help with better understanding of "bridged" stereo amplifier

Thousand thanks for kind help for my ignorance guys. Things are much clearer now.
  3. S

Sorry for my ignorance. but is it good or bad? Also sorry for asking this again but I really would like to understand why it's inadvisable connecting the two channels together by just twinning the two cables together on each speaker terminal? As I said I sort of understand it's problematic with...
  4. S

It's this one > https://www.monitoraudio.com/en/product-ranges/controlled-performance/cp-ct380idc/ I measured 4.7 ohm. One thing though is the filter switches, the HF & MF doesn't do much with the measurement but with what MA call "Boundary compensation switch" active the resistance changes...
  5. S

Yes that's what I was thinking as well since as soon as lowering the volume the dropout seemed to disappear. I must say I'm so grateful for your time spent answering my dumb questions. Looking at the graphs you attached and reading your text again and again looking back and forth on the graphs...
  6. S

Sorry guys I missed your inputs while writing what's above. Would also like to add that I've a Lab PS that's capable of 0-30VDC @5A would that do any good for any type of test?
  7. S

@Trdat, thanks for the link. It make a little bit of sense to me. But is it 100% applicable to my ideas? If I understand your discussion right in the link It's about analogue balanced in/outputs. It makes sense and I think I understand what you're doing there but feel it's not 100% applicable to...
  8. S

Server / streaming bridge for Gustard X16 (Qobuz) wanted

Hi, Pretty old your post but found it by accident while searching for something else. Anyway, if you're still looking, just build your own ripper/streamer/server of any old MAC or PC you might have laying around : > https://daphile.com/. Daphile is a fork of LMS/slimserver and got everything...
  9. S

Hi all, First of all, I'm a beginner with DIY audio so please forgive me if my question is dumb. :confused: I've this idea of a "mono streamer" but I'm not not very clever when it comes to electronics so after googling and reading now for a couple of hours and still not feeling any wiser I...
  10. S

Logitech Media Server etc...

So true, most people these days want to live their life as smartphone zombies, hence being fed with "info" that they "believe" is relevant or important. Sadly a minority actively seek info, knowledge and enlightenment. No doubt in my head to whom I want to belong to. Thank you so much for your...
  11. S

Yeah I guess you're right on it there, that's my feeling also. Thanks for the rest also, very informational. Did know about ChromeOS but had no idea that it was built around Gentoo. Have I got this right, is 'emerge' similar to the more (at least for me) common 'apt-get' then? And if I'd...
  12. S

Thanks for your time answering. :-) Ok so I checked and /lib/modules/*/kernel/net/bluetooth/bluetooth.ko is there but /usr/bin/bluetoothctl is not ... sadly doesn´t tell me much but sure I understand that BT wouldn´t work without from what you write. Since I'm just starting to learn the whole...
  13. S

Bonjour/Hello, Just joined this fantastic forum but been reading so many interesting posts for the last year mostly stuck inside in these strange times ... Anyway, found your excellent write up on Daphile and SQB/LMS in general. I personally love the whole SQB concept and all the fantastic...
Top Bottom