Recent content by staticV3

1. staticV3

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

@nagster Bundle 3 = Grade A, which is currently available on AliExpress.
  2. staticV3

The ADC_INT_SEL parameter changes the loop integrator of the ADC modulator (Ivan's words, I'm clueless). This can be defined for each of the four ADC's separately. In the Cosmos program, ADC1&3 control the left channel, 2&4 control the right one. I just let Arta run in the background with no...
  3. staticV3

@Rja4000 have you experimented with the Cosmos Tweak program yet? Specifically the ADC_INT_SEL values. In my case, those improved my SNR: L: 123.4 -> 123.9 R: 124.5 -> 124.9 Mono: 126.9 -> 127.4 So a .5dB improvement across the board.
  4. staticV3

Like this? I've asked Sunny if she can change it. Will update once I know more.
  5. staticV3

On mobile at least, the bundles' explanation is right there.
  6. staticV3

Ivan measured linearity as well and got this: Perhaps WolfX-700's measurement was limited to 16bit. As for the distortion peak at 40Hz, WolfX-700 did another 40Hz FFT and got this (not published for whatever reason): 114dB here vs 94 in the sweep that's part of the review.
  7. staticV3

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

I'll end the discussion with this: As a mere reader of this thread, having partaken neither in the panel, nor in the QA session, so purely based on how you've communicated your criticism of Jude to your readers, your reasoning comes off as a little weak-footed. That may very well be simply...
  8. staticV3

"Gosh that was awkward when you are in a measurement seminar and you don't believe in this stuff to practice it." Implies that Jude doesn't believe in measurements despite appearing as an advocate thereof, which is exactly my original point A. And it implies that measuring or not measuring was...
  9. staticV3

You wrote in your original post: "In QA section he was asked what his favorite headphone was. He said the Sennheiser HE-1 ($45,000). He was asked if he had measured it. Shockingly he said no!" And apparently that was enough for you to come to the conclusion that: A: He owns said headphone or...
  10. staticV3

How to wire an electret microphone properly?

Thank you very much for your insight! I think I'm confident enough to start making a bunch of cables with configuration 3 now.
  11. staticV3

Here are four recent JBL headphones, including the 710 and 760, all measured by Dr. Olive:
  12. staticV3

(Un)fortunately censoring just the target while still showing raw FR and error curve based on the new target is darn near useless. Even the super pixelated screenshot shared on twitter is enough to reconstruct the "hidden" B&K 5128 Harman target 50-10,000Hz with ±0.25dB accuracy. Maybe even less...
  13. staticV3

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

That was a typo. My bad. G1-2 used cmedia, G3 switched to Comtrue. I fixed my original post.
  14. staticV3

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

This is the result of a bug in the old cmedia USB bridge used in the PDv2, 9038S G1, and 9038S G2. A sudden disconnect in the data connection, in combination with 5V power retention, will result in the DAC outputting white noise at 100% volume. This can be triggered by wiggling the USB...
Top Bottom