Recent content by starfly

1. S

DIY Purifi Amp builds

Correct, I also direct ordered from Purifi in Denmark and Hypex in the Netherlands (and Neurochrome in Canada, quite an international build!). Arrived same week I ordered it. It's not "cheap", but it certainly is state of the art as far as Class-D amps go.
  2. S

Revel F35 Speaker Review

As an owner of the F206 for over a year now (and yes, a step up in price-range from the F35/F36), I still thoroughly enjoy them everytime I listen to them. I think they would sound even better if I could space them a bit further apart, but unfortunately I'm space constrained. I hope to someday...
  3. S

Good open-back ~$200-ish headphone?

I've decided I'll stick to the Philips X2HR. For the price I paid, $150, they're hard to beat. I'll just try some different pads to reduce the itchiness. Don't really feel like spending more money on a pair of headphones given that I just spent a ton of money on some other stuff. The TYGR is...
  4. S

Well, I received the Beyerdynamic TYGR 300 R today. Initial impression in terms of fit and comfort is that these earcups are pretty small for me. And not very deep, my ears are rubbing up against the driver. Different pads might improve the comfort a little, but am not going to invest in...
  5. S

Ok I had to reread this twice. An in ear microphone? How does that work?
  6. S

Today I have the Beyerdynamic TYGR arriving, which is supposedly a cross between a DT990 and DT880. I'll compare those to the X2HR. Otherwise was also thinking of the DT1990 or Amiron Home if could find them used, and dealing with treble spikes shouldn't be too hard on the Beyers. And well, I...
  7. S

Thanks. I probably would need more room for my ears if I went for the DT1990 (if I could find one used that is), so I'd probably get those Dekoni pads. How does the imaging of the DT1990 compare to the Fidelio X2HR?
  8. S

On a separate note, I read the review of the DT1990 on your site. How is the soundstage and imaging on those? Also saw your measurement with the Dekoni Elite Velour. That measurement is very different from Dekoni's own measurement: https://dekoniaudio.com/beyerdynamic-dt1990-measurements/ Any...
  9. S

What's the price range for that NDA unit?
  10. S

I should actually receive those on Monday. Curious what they'll sound like and how the comfort will be. I have big ears so I'm always picky about comfort. I'm also debating trying the Dt1990 with the same acoustic fleece to tame that treble spike.
  11. S

How is the soundstage and imaging on the Hd6xx? Heard they don't necessarily excel at that, which is an important to quality to have for use during gaming.
  12. S

Hey, as a fellow Motu owner (though I have the M4) do you know if there is a way to route output to both the monitor out and line out? I have my JBL speakers connected to monitor out on the M4 so I can control them with the M4's volume knob. I'm considering getting JDS Labs atom at $100 and...
  13. S

What would the pros and cons of the Hd6xx be for what I'm looking for?
  14. S

I'm looking for a good open-back $200-ish headphone, with a neutralish sound-signature. It needs to be super comfortable where I can wear it for extended periods, and I'll use it for playing games and some music listening. Because of the games aspect, great imaging is important. Soundstage...
  15. S

Audiophonics EVO-SABRE Balanced RPI DAC Review

Would there be a way to use any kind of room correction software with a unit like this?
Top Bottom