Recent content by Ssend

1. S

How much better?

It has its advantages. I like my spot, my wife likes hers. I like it a bit louder, she likes it a bit softer. When she wants to listen she says, "optimize me," and with one click it's done!
  2. S

How much better?

I will check it out. I also think about what I can do from home. I am continually astonished by the power of digital EQ, which I'm just a beginner at. In my same room, which is not large, I have two listening positions. One served by the Fortes, the other by a small pair of monitors combined...
  3. S

How much better?

I'm east coast, so I won't get out there, but there must be something around here. I'm in upstate NY area, but could get to NYC or to Boston if I had to. Just have to think of a title.
  4. S

How much better?

But the large box is a real concern.. not a huge room. But I will mock it up a bit and see what I can manage.
  5. S

How much better?

Of course. I had never thought of that.. never been to an audio show. Kind of forgot they exist! I'm fairly rural.. actually.. very rural, but I could make my way if I had to.
  6. S

How much better?

Right. My listening levels are not that loud! Just learning my way around REW and measurement. I have wondered the same thing about supporting that lower octave.
  7. S

How much better?

Yes. Been thinking that might be a good way to go, although the Forte are not exactly shallow.. I think they bottom out at 38hz. But I have wondered if going lower might help.
  8. S

How much better?

And they're so SMALL! And pricey. Now I just have to find a way to listen to new things. Now that showrooms and stores are a thing of the past.
  9. S

How much better?

Are you thinking of any JBLs in particular? I'm wondering if it isn't the horn sound that's bugging me. Just a little!
  10. S

How much better?

Good questions! The C65 definitely don't have the bottom end of the Fortes. I have them in storage... I should get them out and give them another try. Maybe with a subwoofer I could get that bottom. As for spending, I'm still in the speculating stages, and I'd have to work out the logic of...
  11. S

How much better?

How much better? I am considering getting new speakers, but I wonder: Is it really going to make a difference? In one sense my question is about diminishing returns, but it’s also about speaker design and tonality, and about the power of EQ and room correction. Here’s my situation: for many...
  12. S

Suggestions for an analog tape player with balanced out

If you're willing to consider unbalanced, I have a Sony TCD-5M that I don't use. I was planning to sell it on one site or another but I never get around to it. It was recently in the shop, so it should be just fine. It was, in its day, a really nice pro-deck for field recording. Just be in touch...
  13. S

Ideas? Topping A30 Pro--Mains Hum

Right. I only have that one pair. But the problem is evident in both cables (the hum is only in one channel, the one adjacent to the mains in). But I will get my hands on a different pair!
Top Bottom