Recent content by ssashton

1. S

Design Study of 3D Printed Loudspeaker Port

I used this 'slot port' style because it was suitable for the small loudspeaker box. I do not know how it will work with a round port. I believe the port walls must move to absorb energy, so maybe a round port that has greater structural stiffness will not benefit as well from CLD. I also...
  2. S

Hello Everyone! The design study has been significantly revised to include more information and correct some erroneous conclusions. I added a study of the effect of woofer position on the baffle. 3D Printed Loudspeaker Port Design Study V2
  3. S

iLoud MTM Tweeter Repair - It was going well until THIS HAPPENED!

It seems I am in need of a replacement tweeter for my iLoud MTM. Sadly IK Multimedia (iLoud) do not sell a replacement. I purchased the speaker used so I do not expect warranty service, but it would be nice to be able to pay my hard earned money to get it working again instead of going to scrap...
  4. S

How Many Inches?

It's got a funny spot on the middle though.
  5. S

How Many Inches?

Is that a Definimax / Magnum 18"?
  6. S

How Many Inches?

I mean.. I wouldn't mind a pair of those! Bass distortion is very low for sure. Music and HT is a different thing. I somehow would expect HT users to have smaller woofers in the main s given a sub is almost guaranteed. But that doesn't hold up so far in this thread.
  7. S

How Many Inches?

Which ones are they?
  8. S

How Many Inches?

Do you happen to know what size woofers you sell the most of?
  9. S

How Many Inches?

Reading forums it is easy to see many vocal people saying big woofers are better, no replacement for displacement etc.. However looking at the speakers on the market, even high end ones, we see A LOT of 6.5" drivers and some 8". Often they are stacked in high end models. I guess these...
  10. S

Thank you for your kind offer! I'm in the UK so that may present a difficulty. I do know some 3D printing enthusiasts in the US who might take the lot off your hands for a price (they are trustworthy guys). I do plan to try some PETG and maybe ABS if I can stop it warping enough. I currently...
  11. S

Hello Everyone! I would like to share with you the conclusions of a study I have been working on over the past months to design an optimised 3D printed port for a desktop loudspeaker. I tested various methods to reduce unwanted resonances, while keeping an eye on port turbulence. 3D Printed...
  12. S

Good FFT Software with WHITE window?

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately this does not show the detail I need. This is a speaker port noise measurement where I want to see the spikes, but also the broadband turbulence noise in the floor of the measurment.
  13. S

Thanks, that's not terrible. I did try 'colour replace' in Photoshop but it didn't look good.
  14. S

Hi Everyone, Just a quick question - I like the FFT spectrum analyser in Adobe Audition, but I want to put the results in a document so the dark theme looks bad. Does anyone know a good option with a white / light theme? I already recorded the .wav files - 80Hz sine stimulus to analyse...
  15. S

Using Spinoirama Data?

I'm sorry if this has already been written somewhere, I did search. How can I import the horizontal SPL data taht Amir provides on his reviews to a viewer such as REW ,VituixCAD or VACS? I'm having some difficulty because the one file contains multiple measurement angles. VACS seems to manage...
Top Bottom