Recent content by Snafu

1. Snafu

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

I wonder how much better KEF R11 meta is vs older "just" R11 model. In Europe KEF sells older model for 3998€ (some stores offer way under that) and meta is 6500€. Is the difference worth 2500€ ?
  2. Snafu

Best Movie Explosion Audio

True Lies had that distant rumble nuclear explosion. I think that had pretty low Hz. Visually Apocalypse Now edit: one of the best off the guard explosions: When trumpets fade
  3. Snafu

Ahsoka: Star Wars on Disney+

eh, did you actually watch boba fett ?
  4. Snafu

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

Very nice! Is it possible to choose output between XLR/RCA ? If i connect preamp to XLR and headphone amp to RCA, DAC doesn't feed both outputs at the same time?
  5. Snafu

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

don't know about current trends, those are +15 years old speakers.
  6. Snafu

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Talking about regular speakers, these are beautiful : Neeper Acoustics Perfection One
  7. Snafu

I've owned speakers by.....

chronological order: B&W Duntech :)
  8. Snafu

Tidal exclusive mode doesnt work

^update Tidal. that fixed my sound level problem and fix was mentioned in "fixed bugs"-list of update.
  9. Snafu

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Chord Dave $$ - Topping D70s $$ = profit :)
  10. Snafu

Best measuring tube amp

I have Nelson Audio Image M9 monoblocks that are based on Marantz 9 (i don't know how much, this from Nelson Audio) manual says: 70W THD 0.8% (20Hz-20kHz) 20Hz-30kHz +/- 2dB S/N >85dB 18kg each imo very good tube amps
  11. Snafu

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

back in the days i bought Nordost Red Dawn (speaker (bi-wire) + interconnect cables) because i liked color and flat appearance, imo they look pretty cool :cool: i have had them ~20 years now, no sign of wear and they are like new. blue ones were nice too but i keep signal cables red and power...
  12. Snafu

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

after Tidals latest update problem is gone. they fixed "loudness normalization" bug. so, no problems with Topping DAC itself :)
  13. Snafu

Thanks Veri, that's what i thought but if Tidal feeds DAC with a stream (song) then starts another one DAC goes back to it's default that's not 100% but something else. In Topping control panel i can see level goes to -4. No matter how i chance these settings, it always goes back to 77% Thanks
  14. Snafu

I have a problem with D50s and Tidal (master plan): Volume level with Tidal doesn't stay at 100% but drops to 77 each time new song starts no matter what or how i adjust levels. DAC is Topping D50s with latest drivers, Tidals "loudness normalization" setting off, "force volume" on, exclusive...
Top Bottom