Recent content by Sined

1. Sined

DEQX Premate 8 digital active crossover / DSP

Yep ! This is why I choked to jump into the new DEXQ pre-8 acquisition and testing. I'm afraid that, to reach more non-technical users and to lower after sales support costs, the software will be developed to be more user friendly and possibly do a lot of calibration automatically behind the...
  2. Sined

Which speakers/setup for ride cymbals

Fully agree. Too bad they don't know what to do with all those microphones... Approximately 35,000 titles in my music database. I think I have enough of my two hands to count the number of tracks where the drum is well recorded and sound real, with punch, as it does on the stage. Very...
  3. Sined

Share your favorite free (or low cost) tweaks!

This is a low cost but very effective imaging and soundstage enhancer :)
  4. Sined

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

Yes but... I'm looking forward to receiving my new Buckeye Purifi amplifiers (2 X 3 channels) for my 3 way active speakers to replace the current one who is dying slowly one channel at the time... As soon as I received them, I will certainly be able to vote a "full Yes" !
  5. Sined

Review and Measurements of NAD M27 PWR Amp

It's been a while since Amir tested the M27 and these tests of course can't evaluate the long term reliability. I have been enjoying mine for 9 years but over the last two years I had to replace 3 channels that died without any obvious observable signs and no obvious reasons, I never get close...
  6. Sined

Alternative perspective on the Harman loudspeaker preference curve.

Yep. The "Circle of confusion", again and always...: our worst enemy! Even if you would have calibrated your speakers perfectly to a "well recognized" target curve, it will works great for some recordings, but for some others, you will not get the "pleasing results" expected; it can be even...
  7. Sined

Do we crave distortion?

Harmonics generated by an amplifier are considered as distorsion in world of audio since something is added that was not on the source. But in the world of music, harmonics added to the original makes it sound richer, especially the 2nd harmonics: it is like adding other performers that plays...
  8. Sined

There is nothing holy about the signal

I would avoid any manipulation of the signal if it would have been recorded perfectly, which is not the case most of the time. Circle of confusions again, we have to live with the hearing and musical tastes of the recording engineers, and moreover, decisions made from their small studio monitor...
  9. Sined

Creating bass weight and impact?

I would rather say "why do we think a natural drum is ok but the recording engineers don't record it that way"
  10. Sined

Creating bass weight and impact?

Fully agree ! As an amateur drum player, I do know very well how a drum sound and it is rather the exception when I find an album in which I find that the drum is well recorded and kept truly as a percussion instrument. Of course the produced SPL is often too loud to be recorded without a bit...
  11. Sined

uBACCH now available for Windows

Thank you for you answer: loud and clear !! I thought that maybe both of them are playing digitally with the phase of some signals to create those effects, but it is certainly more complicated than that!!
  12. Sined

uBACCH now available for Windows

The way you described these effects you had with uBACCH on the soundstage looks somewhat similar to what I get when I use the JRiver DSP Studio effects. Here are the settings I use: Of course, the quality of the results depends largely on how is made the mixing of the recording: for...
  13. Sined

DEQX Premate 8 digital active crossover / DSP

Same for me. After reading those comments in this discussion, I thought I may be the only one here who considers his DEQX processor as the best piece of audio equipment I've given to myself as a long time DIY speaker builder: eboleyn, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one! The DEQX processor...
  14. Sined

DC blocking capacitors audibility.

An other application is for active speakers where your tweeter is directly connected to the amplifier without any crossover in between. This ensure no DC will get to the tweeter should there be an amplifier failure or more simply, from amplifier's turn on/off thump (should there is) or any...
  15. Sined

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

Hoping it is not in the "too good to be true" category. Keep us posted Amir ! (Hoping one day I will be able to listen to music without this sinewave generator working in the background ;) )
Top Bottom