Recent content by SeaBeef

1. S

Topping G5 vs NX7

Cheers, thanks for that. NX7 seems like it should be more than enough, or are there better options for the money?
  2. S

Topping G5 vs NX7

So that’s comparing the Apple lightning to 3.5mm DAC to the G5 DAC?
  3. S

Topping G5 vs NX7

HD6XX, K702, M50x, DT880, AD900X I guess I’m just wondering if there’s any sonic difference in using G5 in DAC mode (USB-in) versus the DAC in the Apple Lightning to 3.5mm to NX7 HPA without built-in DAC?
  4. S

Topping G5 vs NX7

Hi all, I’m looking for a portable headphone amp and have narrowed it down to Topping G5 and Topping NX7. The main advantage I see is the G5 having a DAC. My main source would be iPhone. Would using G5 in DAC mode give any fidelity gains over using Apple Lightning to 3.5mm jack with NX7? Cheers
  5. S

Underwhelmed by Topping L30…

I’m using Nvidia Shield which is Android TV, and those apps don’t work on Android TV. The only way of getting bit perfect audio with the Shield is by following this guide: https://techbyask.com/how-to-setup-the-nvidia-shield-pro-as-a-bit-perfect-audio-streamer-player/ However, this is only for...
  6. S

Bloody Android!!! I tested with iPhone as source with USB via Apple CCK3, around twice the volume now! Who would have thought Nvidia Shield would be attenuating USB output…
  7. S

What combo to replace Topping E30/L30?

Bump anyone? I see the DX3 Pro+ and SMSL C200 as options, anything else worthwhile considering with auto on/off with signal detection?
  8. S

You’re right, the E30 II DC plug confused me
  9. S

Yes I’ve tried optical from TV, same low volume
  10. S

Yes but if I’m testing L30 RCA output it’s DC I believe?
  11. S

Why 60Hz? Why not 1khz?
  12. S

E30II plugged into Nvidia Shield via USB, E30II in DAC mode, L30 on +9db full volume on knob. Only thing I can think of is an issue with either the E30 or L30. Chord Mojo got to the point I could barely handle near full volume, E30/L30 I can comfortably listen on full volume
  13. S

From my testing, L30 0db gain full volume is exactly the same volume as A1749 full volume. +9db on the L30 would be around 1.6x louder. I’ll check voltages shortly
  14. S

Even +9db max volume it’s not that loud. Compared to something like a Chord Mojo I used a while back, that thing was 3x as loud, and it’s portable. Was kind of expecting similar volumes with the L30
Top Bottom