Recent content by scaprile

1. S

Review and Measurements of Budget ($20) DACs

_In theory_, with a regular coax and regular distances, there should be no effect. Cable length and impedance mismatch could lead to bit errors that could probably be heard as a degradation. How that little beast will translate an USB packet to a lot of transitions in the coax, I don't know...
  2. S

Interesting! Trying to explain what can cause such a ringing on a frequency response measurement, not knowing how the "instrument" operates... I thought that one possibility is that there is something for real in the chain that is causing such big amplitude variations at adyacent frequencies. I...
  3. S

What is that artifacting beyond 5K on the red channel ? I'm curious. Can you get an impulse response or an idle channel noise measurement ?
  4. S

(hello everyone!) I'd have to do my maths, and I'm getting older too, but those peaks look like digital artifacting caused by sample rate conversion or multiplier-accumulator saturation. If I had to bet, I would surely bet high on Mark's claims. Then, loosely bet on saturation somewhere, maybe...
Top Bottom