Recent content by saich

1. S

FX-Audio Tube 02 Pro Review (Headphone Amp)

Could you include crosstalk as part of the standard measurement? Together with channel balance they give a pretty good overview of the quality of volume pots in each amp.
  2. S

Audeze LCD-XC Review (Closed-back Headphone)

If only they could manage to reduce weight to below 500g...
  3. S

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I've always been wondering what the CK-02 clock processing unit means in the latest SMSL products (su9n and m500 mkii). As they are there to replace the oscillators, so they are not based on any regular oscillators? Would that be ASRC DPLL or anything.
  4. S

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Thanks for the reply. I guess you are right - to boil down my question I am uncertain why converting D10b to single-ended would reduce thd+n performance. As archimago pointed out the cause is using a converter adaptor that ties the sleeve and ring connections, and that is the whole story? I...
  5. S

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

@JohnYang1997 Hi John I just bought the a30pro and d10 balanced, then I realised that converting d10 balanced to single-ended input would result in high thd+n penalty (as archimago documented in his review). Since the xlr input of a30pro is only for convenience and not in itself balanced (edit...
  6. S

SPL Phonitor X *Updated* Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

measurement does not seem as 'pro' as its looks
  7. S

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

That's precisely what I worry about. The FR graph on Drop looks like it's based on the earlier revision and is closer to the tuning of the RT, and differs quite a lot from those measured by Resolve. Seems to me it's not that consistent/transparent.
  8. S

Hmm. Guess I'll till then. The question is which edition are we getting. IMO that makes a big difference.
  9. S

https://drop.com/buy/drop-dan-clark-audio-aeon-closed-x-headphones/reviews#reviews These are now on sale for $379. I am wondering if they measure like Resolve's ones? If so they are good value. Weirdly enough Drop's graph are still those from the RT with the 100-200hz dip (yuck)
  10. S

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

That's a good point. Not averaging the plots does not invalidate it. I think Golden does the same to every other stuff he's tested. So I don't think he did so to make the Soncoz look bad. It's just that his results would not be comparable to Amir's, or at least not directly (visually). But any...
  11. S

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

Good to see the manufacturer has updated firmware to solve the issue. Some discrepencies seem to remain though? Comparing the measurements based on the latest firmware and the original one, the noise floor of the latest unit is significantly higher (5-10db). So are the amplitude of the second...
  12. S

Measurements & Preview of Holo Audio Spring 3 DAC / wPreamp (Prototype)

I don't have any experience witht the Titanis. FWIW here's what it does according to Kistune: The two main functions of Titanis. Regeneration of USB power. Power from the computer USB ports are very noisy with a level higher than several mV. Titanis inverts and processes power from the USB...
  13. S

Thanks again for the insight! Maybe not exclusive to USB, but Jeff says that Spring 3 has the same PLL found on May, hence is one of the biggest upgrades. As to how the L3 USB module is 'enhanced', here are the photos of the L2 and L3 available on Wildism (see link). Looks like the Titanis...
  14. S

Saw it, must've missed it. Thanks for the great work! May I ask what made you go with the L2 instead of L3, given that (I assume) you'd be using USB most of the time, and L3 got the enhanced USB module?
  15. S

Just out of curiosity, will you be measuring the Spring3 like you did with the previous models? ;)
Top Bottom