Recent content by rubenkemp

1. R

Audeze Mobius Review (Gaming Headset)

Especially the comfort has to be a dealbreaker for this insane amount of money they are asking. Has changing the earpads altered the FR/ 'sound signature' dramatically?
  2. R

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Per speaker, as from the Genelec website, the 8330a is 500 grams heavier than the 8030c (5.5 vs 5.0 kg). Does this difference simply come from the extra electronics in the 8330a? For some older Genelec models I could find the so called data sheets online, with cutthrough drawings showing tubes...
  3. R

ATC, Dutch&Dutch, Grimm tomorrow

Calling it a hobby might be the biggest insult yet, Jaap :facepalm: Overall, the streams resemble some of us thinking out loud when listening to speakers, which is not very helpful for me personally. As a tip for @Alpha Audio ''I think'' & ''Good'' should be used carefully when objective...
  4. R

Triangle Esprit Antal Ez Review (Tower Speaker)

You meant to say they are shaken by the resonance?
  5. R

Kind of rant regarding what speakers to buy, environmentalism etc.

it's about burning diesel directly. The noise it makes.
  6. R

Thanks Rob Am still a mere student so none of those things apply, i'll make sure to leave the shower on cold as well :)
  7. R

As mentioned on the first second page of this thread, I will not reproduce. George Carlin states the obvious. It is humanity that is doing this @Thunder22 . For me, saying 'we cannot change therefore we must not try to change' is the wrong kind of cynicism. Several of his claims are...
  8. R

For now I have the switches on the 8030c set to 'on' for bass tilt -4dB and 'desktop control' to accommodate for resonance. Both of these will probably have to change when I put them on desk stands, but on books (testing the height) it seemed to do with just the 'desk control' turned off. You...
  9. R

A French despot created a very nice proverb that says 'Après moi, le déluge', or 'after me, the floods'. Do you have kids @Sal1950 ? In a couple of decades, maybe a century, there will be very little enjoyment. Hedonism is fine, but not when it meets constant consumerism and a growing population.
  10. R

I do agree more with @TheBatsEar on this. Out of the hypothetical three sets of speakers, picking the best one and then accepting the fact that you live with those for a while (long time or short time) seems like a good option. However, minimizing distortion and finding a good FR in the infinite...
  11. R

I fully understand what you are saying, yet, my budget was not unlimited. It was indeed the space that caused some limitations I expect to re-use the speakers I have or sell them off. The difficulty I find with the second hand market is listening to speakers that are so called 'great value'. New...
  12. R

Update: I am currently trying the Genelec 8030c (the raw one indeed, @Juhazi why are the raw aluminium more expensive than the painted???) with an RME Adi-2 dac. My short first impressions. I tried the 8040b's first but found them too big. Compared to the 8030's their bass was indeed better...
  13. R

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

I would like to see whether or not the R&D has followed rising revenues. Then I would like to see the marketing budget in relation to rising revenues. I think this is the result of profit-maximizing and cutting corners. Price almost seems like a random number these days.
  14. R

Might have been the room then. They seemed less bright than the R3's, which is good, while having less bass, which is obvious because of the woofer/cabinet design, yet hey sounded 'worse' for both the lower and midrange.
  15. R

@Head_Unit A quick update: so far I have listened to the Elac DBR62, the KEF R3, the KEF LS50 Meta and the Totem Skylight (the shop owner threw them in to compare). Quite different speakers. My very subjective listening experience with way too many variables to my liking made me prefer the...
Top Bottom