Recent content by RoyB

1. R

Premium Audio Mini GaN 5 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

I've been looking at the Crown XLS 1502 amplifier...... Interesting that you have the Mini GaN5 also. I had the Mini to try but as I stated above, it went back....Great amplifier, but it was redundant. The Crown Class D products intrigue me..... Dollars for performance seems hard to beat!
  2. R

Parasound 23+

JFETS are what gives amps that use them the much appreciated tube like sound.....That's why PS, Pass Labs, Parasound, etc use them. Certain distortion is not a bad thing....I'm well aware that is total blasphemy on this forum. I'm sure if any of these amps were tested here they would get a...
  3. R

The Buchardt i150 does everything I want in a PREAMPLIFIER....The power amplifier sounding great is just a bonus....The onboard DAC, the Room Correction, The EQ but most importantly, the sound quality when the i150 is used as a preamp with my Pass Labs First Watt amplifier is simply magical! I...
  4. R

Magnepan LRS in the house!

I have to believe "ribbon" is more flexible than a round wire. Therefore I'd think it would have less resistance to movement......And no question there is more surface area to adhere to the membrane.....
  5. R

Well, I decided to send it back. It is a fantastic amplifier especially driving hard to drive Megnepans. No negative issues what so ever. But at the same time, I bought a Bucharest i150 integrated amplifier with a class d amplifier section and I found I simply didn't need the extra power of the...
  6. R

Integrated for LS50 Meta;

Don't you hate when that happens........;)
  7. R

To add to my post above.....I bought a number of Topping, SMSL, and other Chinese amplifiers over the last two years......They all were returned. Simply didn't work well with the LS50 Metas and down right horrible with the Magnepans.....I think until folks experience REALLY good amplification...
  8. R

Easily, the biggest surprise in my Covid Buy Every Piece Of HiFi You See phase was the Sound Artist SA200ia.....I paid under $500 for it and when I got it I could believe how heavy it was and how well made. I bought it to be used on my test bench because it was cheap and had a number of great...
  9. R

I just received my Mini GaN 5 this morning. Looking in through the vent holes in the top, the heatsinks look nothing like this. Now they appear to be screwed down tight on the top of the circuit board. I don't want to remove the screws from the bottom as I might be sending it back......But if I...
  10. R

Peachtree Gan 1 beta testing sign-ups open

$735 for 200wpc.....GaN FET... www.classdaudio.com
  11. R

No, they are no longer listed on the web site. They are WAY oversold. If you call them, they will place you on a list. Here is an email I received from Magnepan "I'll be happy to write up an order for the LRS+ for you. However, they won't show up until Spring 2023 more than likely. We have...
  12. R

Unfortunatly I never had the opportunity to hear model 9s......
  13. R

NICE!...I like the "Book Fix".....Adds a bit of class toi the whole thing....
  14. R

i was a huge fan of electrostatic back in the day. as a kid in high school I worked part time at a Radio Shack....i sold hundreds of pairs of Electrostat 2A speakers. i had a visit from some suits from Texas wanting to know where all the E2As were going. i then moved into Real HiFi and Quad...
Top Bottom