Recent content by Ronin

1. Ronin

Parametric EQ on Foobar

APO Equalizer is free and works well. UI gets the job done, nothing fancy. Tried Peace with it never sounded correct with Peace, in fact it was downright horrible. So I uninstalled Peace and everything is back to being good.
  2. Ronin

FiiO Q1 Mk II BAL vs Topping A50 + D50s

With speakers and a smaller extent headphones power affects the sound quality. You won't know what you're missing until you try it, much like sub woofers. :-)
  3. Ronin

Dense Audio Adapt Reference Headphone Adapter Review

I purchased the Dense DAC based on these reviews. For the most part I am happy with the purchase, especially when compared the the Cobalt Dragonfly, but that's another discussion. Pros: Small and lightweight Durable build quality Excellent sound once it's configured. Don't forget to change the...
  4. Ronin

A bit about your host....

Personally, I look forward to your reviews and recommendations. It helps in making sense of the multitude of products on the market. Typically I look for your avatar when searching for information on this site. Thank you for your work on audio gear.
  5. Ronin

Cobalt Blue Dragonfly DAC by Audioquest/anyone tried it?

I have the Cobalt version as well. When connected to the laptop (Windows 10) it was a night and day difference for the positive. Connecting it to my S9 was not as easy. The S9 recognized the DAC, but any bump would disconnect the sound. In addition, I really didn't detect a huge difference...
Top Bottom