Recent content by robertbb

1. R

WiiM Amp discussion

Actually, from the WiiM. forums (as per link provided above): "The WiiM Amp comes with a built-in power supply that accommodates 100-240V 50/60Hz AC power and supports up to a maximum current of 4A" Does this mean there would need to be a special Australian version of this device, even if the...
  2. R

WiiM Amp discussion

Good shot! They're available at multiple online retailers here and even Officeworks stores (though 2-3 times more expensive there, as usual). I know nothing about electronics, but I assume the power supply inside the amp will automatically adapt to whatever country it's in and WiiM would just...
  3. R

WiiM Amp discussion

The specs on the WiiM site say the power supply is: "100-240v 50/60Hz AC" Can anyone confirm whether one of these Amps, if bought on Amazon US, will work with an Australian-plug power cable? Bonus question, I assume the power plug on the back of the WiiM is some kind of known standard (looks...
  4. R

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Good luck with sale! I’m in Australia, so will be buying “local” and as I tend to use my equipment a long (long) time between changes I also buy new. Heading into a store today to listen to a demo setup comparable to my own.
  5. R

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Pretty close to pulling the trigger on this. We had a storm roll through and fry my trusty, 10 year old, Emotiva XDA-2. The XPA-200 Amp is still OK but I think it's time to sell it and get something more modern. The 1120 seems absolutely perfect for my needs and my speakers: B&W CM5 S2's and...
  6. R

Should I upgrade my Emotiva XDA-2 (how much better are modern DAC's)

Thanks for the input all. Appreciate the dose of rationality Majestyk. Trying desperately to avoid succumbing to the bug, but I'm seriously considering buying the Pioneer U-05s to replace the XDA-2 (while keeping the XPA-200 amp).
  7. R

The SR20 has two sets of speaker outputs... never seen that before. Struggling to think of a use for it? (The REL T5i subs don't use a "normal" sub out... they are designed piggy back off the same output as the speakers.
  8. R

In terms of sources? Apple TV (old one with separate audio out), a Chromecast Audio (via Toslink, for bitperfect streaming of spotify and Tidal), and just my free to air TV. May look to add a CD player to the mix and start collecting CD's for those "special" albums... The Cambridge Audio Topaz...
  9. R

Thanks all. From the googling I've done, it looks like the Cambridge DAC Magic Plus would be an awesome option but it unfortunately has no remote control. The other one that has come up is the Pioneer U-05s which I'm finding it hard to find reviews of.
  10. R

What would you suggest is better for music? I'll need something with a remote control, a few optical inputs, and preferably balanced XLR output.
  11. R

Meaning we've hit peak DAC... all that's left now is stupidly expensive marginal gains?
  12. R

Thanks people. I love my system, but am also aware that technology moves rapidly and wondered if modern DACs (even cheaper options) offer superior sound to older ones. I suppose it would be hard to quantify without proper A/B testing and that opens the rabbit hole...
  13. R

Hi All, First time poster. Wondering how much DAC technology has improved in the last 7 years or so. My home hi-fi system is built around an Emotiva XDA-2, hooked up to an XPA-200 amp. The speakers are a pair of B&W CM5s2's each of which rolls off to an RELT5/i sub (it's a 2.2 hi-fi setup)...
Top Bottom