Recent content by Robbo99999

1. Robbo99999

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

I just found out about this today, as in app advertisement through the Neutron Player app. Seems like a direct competitor to the recently reviewed Topping DAC - well at least in terms of EQ being contained within the device & it's per channel. I posted just now over in the Topping thread but...
  2. Robbo99999

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

It's worth checking. Could go hand in hand with the testing I proposed to Amir re checking for noise with a typical complicated set of overlapping EQ filters (eg an Oratory EQ) - that way you could also check the total EQ curve against Oratory's total EQ curve he shows in his pdf file - you'd...
  3. Robbo99999

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

I keep going on about the G6 in this thread, and it would do everything you want apart from it's USB powered and for gaming it's best to have it install the Creative drivers & software, but I don't really see the problem in that.
  4. Robbo99999

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

In my opinion you're making this way too complicated for yourself and listening to the "wrong people". You already know my viewpoint though from an earlier post - it virtually doesn't matter what you get as long as measures well here on ASR and it has the features/aesthetics & price that you...
  5. Robbo99999

I'd quite like to see @amirm maybe measure a typical headphone EQ (complicated overlapping filters, perhaps one of Oratory's EQ's) in the Topping for noise issues, and perhaps measured vs a software solution like Roon. If this is a technically feasible thing to be done.
  6. Robbo99999

@amirm , I noticed that the use of EQ increases the noise in a random way, as in sometimes there's additional measured noise & sometimes not (in terms of over time). As you mentioned the measured noise increases are not audible, but I'm wondering if the noise increases may get significantly...
  7. Robbo99999

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

They're also a newer design of headphone, so there's often progress at companies like Sennheiser. So it's good to see that.
  8. Robbo99999

What headphone(s) do you own ?

That's madness isn't it! How about noise cancelling headphones? If you're listening to music or if it works as a form factor for you watching TV & movies you could use noise cancelling headphones for that and you wouldn't hear a thing.
  9. Robbo99999

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

He seems to be the first reviewer we've had major problems with, so it seems like quite a rare case. I've said it before that a legal fund may be more trouble than it's worth, the association thing Amir has been talking about getting set up. I mean if it's necessary it's necessary, but I don't...
  10. Robbo99999

I do find that strange. I find it more the other way around. The HD560s is my best open backed headphone for bass quality after EQ, tied with EQ'd Hifiman HE4XX (planar) anyway. But I really don't listen at loud levels. However, when Oratory measured one of my HD560s the bass distortion was...
  11. Robbo99999

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I've only just seen the updated review both written & Youtube from Erin (I'm late to the party)! https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/tekton_troubadour/ I think he handled that well, I reckon he can & already has drawn a line under it, saga is over! Hopefully Tekton can learn something...
  12. Robbo99999

Pretty much, the New Version HD560s is probably even better balanced tonally than the HD600 because the HD600 needed just a small bass increase of a couple dB to get best out of it just to enhance the stock sound, whereas New Version HD560s doesn't really need anything done to it at stock in...
  13. Robbo99999

I definitely think Sennheiser put their headphones together pretty well - I mean I have the HD560s & HD600 and they both seem very durable to me, ie lasting a long time and unlikely to get easily damaged, I mean I haven't tried sitting or standing on them though!
  14. Robbo99999

(lower in build quality feel if that's what you mean, I'd agree with that, but that doesn't matter much in my book - to me it's about sound quality & comfort)
  15. Robbo99999

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

My own gut feel on this whole topic is that it's using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I'm thinking it's not gonna really be required to set up this RFR association that's being talked about. I see it as more trouble than it's worth, so I think I'm agreeing with your overall viewpoint.
Top Bottom