Recent content by Robbo99999

1. Robbo99999

Resolving Measurement Issues with SONCOZ SGD1 DAC

They're not the same as Oratory's 10 band parametric EQ's even though they're based on Oratory's measurement, I prefer Oratory's EQ's. But yeah, I can certainly tolerate reddit for Oratory's site.....even the posting section of Oratory's reddit is fine & educational.
  2. Robbo99999

Too many people too unhappy with their headphones makes them angry! Unhappy ears! (Although I've spent about 3 pages here in this thread reading about Goldeneye or some other bond film or villain that was somehow tied up in this debacle....not really a highlight of ASR, but I'll live!)
  3. Robbo99999

Reddit is good for the headphone EQ's from Oratory1990 though, pretty much the only reason I use reddit! https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets
  4. Robbo99999

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

@Resolve , you said in the other thread that Drop are gonna be kind enough to send you another pair of these for measuring. If you're willing, it'll be interesting to hear in this thread how it compares to your previous pair you measured, especially in terms of the peaking from 10-14kHz. It'll...
  5. Robbo99999

Is Flat Bass or Harman Bass Better for Mixing on Headphones? (Professional Mixing Engineers Only)

I'm not a mixing engineer (& haven't voted in the poll), but I am a headphone enthusiast (& speaker) with a knowledge of how Harman Curve for headphones was created, etc, and I reckon that the Harman 2013 curve would probably be the best one for mixing on headphones, it was created using trained...
  6. Robbo99999

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

Hey @TheHighContemplator , nice to see you've created a thread for these headphones, glad you found my EQ useful. For the readers of the thread, regarding my EQ (which you can see pictured in first post of this thread as well as the attached EqualiserAPO file at the bottom of the same post) I...
  7. Robbo99999

Dan Clark Audio AEON RT Review (closed headphone)

Cool, yep, it would be good to hear how you find the EQ and what changes you've made to it, and what you think is going on between 10-14kHz if there is indeed peaking in reality up there. Note to both of you, I'd forgotton to attach the EqualiserAPO config file to the end of my post - I've...
  8. Robbo99999

Hi, I took some time tonight to do this EQ for you using @Resolve 's measurement (for the Drop DCA Aeon X Closed), here it is, it was a little tricky to get it accurate to the Harman Curve, but I generally managed to do so without using excessively sharp filters, find the EqualiserAPO config...
  9. Robbo99999

You judgement will depend on whether or not you know you like the sound of the Harman Curve - as in if you've tried other headphones that have been EQ'd to the Harman Curve by Oratory for example, and also how accurately you've created your EQ. But really if I was you I'd use the measurement by...
  10. Robbo99999

I don't know anything about the Drop headphone, but they look wildly different, I'd say they're certainly not the same headphone.
  11. Robbo99999

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Yep the calculated Preference Rating that can be calculated from the frequency response is not fine-tuned enough to assume that 2 identically scoring or close scoring headphones will sound the same - two headphones can have different frequency responses and still score the same I believe, so it...
  12. Robbo99999

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Just to quote your conclusion part of your post, I agree with that and it fits my experience EQ'ing headphones to the same curve from measurements, so I agree with your post that was tempering some elements of what @tusing was concluding in his post. We can't use frequency response to totally...
  13. Robbo99999

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Small changes in dB can be noticeable if they happen over wide range of frequencies so you might surprise yourself. The most extreme example of that is linear tone control filters. If I remember rightly I was able to notice a difference in tonality with even a 0.5dB tilt if it occurs as a...
  14. Robbo99999

Hifiman HE6se Review (Headphone)

Yeah, they're very close, but by looking at those Total EQ Curves I'd expect the top one (which is my EQ of the V2) would potentially sound a bit livelier and less muddy as there is less energy in the 200-500Hz area, as well as less of a bass shelf. Not huge differences though.
  15. Robbo99999

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

I think the HD560s is a safer buy than the K702 because of the solder reliability issues of the K702, and also because it'll probably show somewhat better channel matching & unit to unit variation than the K702 - but disregarding that which are not concerns for me because I have channel matching...
Top Bottom