Recent content by Robbo99999

1. Robbo99999

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

Yes, I agree that it shifts the problem to Vertical Directivity, and yes I agree it's not as problematical. Coaxials do have that advantage of both good vertical & horizontal directivity, so they are superior in that vein, certainly more of crucial usage for a centre channel for most people vs...
  2. Robbo99999

Vintage Audio Advertising

I'll keep you posted if I get a similar one, not sure she's gonna live up to my former turntable girl! (I don't do vinyl though...music wise!)
  3. Robbo99999

She looks good too, quite similar in vibe and appearance to one of my ex's albeit with less crooked teeth, but I like a bit of character! They should market audio gear like this again, it appeals!:p
  4. Robbo99999

She does look good!
  5. Robbo99999

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Ha, I know you still don't need that tube amp!
  6. Robbo99999

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I only ever touch my amp whilst wearing rubber gloves! Covid / STD's and other pyschological issues. :confused: EDIT: yes, that's an aftermarket 1.5m cable for my HD560s, you're right!
  7. Robbo99999

C'mon man, you don't need a tube amp to pull woman....it's just your placebo man! :p
  8. Robbo99999

Cor, got my aluminium knob installed, it's a Taiss style knob practically identical to that advertised on the JDS Labs site where they state it as an option for the JDS Labs Atom - I gotta say it's an ergonomic tactile solid joy to use & a visual beauty to behold, you can see my G6 DAC chilling...
  9. Robbo99999

There's not really a need for these kind of products beyond the placebo inducing visuals combined with the truth of "I'll f**k up your sound".
  10. Robbo99999

That seems like a very insightful point, perhaps should be tested for voice intelligibility/clarity/authenticity at different angles in the listening test to see if this highlights itself as a problem.
  11. Robbo99999

She's from Scandinavia and has a braided pony tail right?!
  12. Robbo99999

Ha, aka "Diffuse Field EQ"!
  13. Robbo99999

For centre channels or generally? It really does seem to have solved the "centre channel problem", but in terms of lefts & rights (and I guess surrounds) there are a number of good 2-way normal speakers that can fit the bill. It seems like coaxial is super-good for centres.
  14. Robbo99999

I gave this speaker a "Great" vote in the poll, it's the best measuring centre speaker I remember seeing, have we measured a better one? Either way it's miles better than most in terms of directivity (& also distortion) and also frequency response. The price is huge though. (I might change my...
  15. Robbo99999

Yeah, thanks for that too, prompted by your link to the jds labs shop for that aluminium knob, I managed to find one on Amazon immediately that will of course be delivered within the UK here (whereas JDS Labs shop is in the USA), it looks identical to the Taiss knob...
Top Bottom