Recent content by Rob Fens

1. R

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Hi Antho625, I am happy the problem is solved and i hope you will enjoy using this amplifier. Also i appreciate your feedback about the problem. Many times people drop their problem, get some help, but never show anything anymore. So, for the people who tried to help, it stays uncertain if it...
  2. R

Hi Antho625, Because i felt sorry about your experience i tried the same with mine, it took less only e few mins without any effort, everything went smooth. What might help is loosen the feet a little, so the sides will be more flexible and you can shove the top in, all parts are finished to...
  3. R

Hi Antho 625, I am using the Nilai stereo for about a year now and i am still very impressed with it, with previous amps after a short period of time i always felt there was something wrong/ too much or lacking. With the Nilai i just listen to music and enjoy it, when i think of other amps...
  4. R

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

This site is based on a scientific approach, when people have the guts to spend some words on sound quality, they are requested by some members to look somewhere else (fortunately not by AMIR) since this forum is not for subjectivist. Ok, i respect that and can even understand. But how come...
  5. R

Hallo RQ1111 and Julf, I understand and agree with the comments of both of you. At RQ1111: Right, i also feel the Nilai is a great piece of equipment, but.. At Julf: Agree with you about the scientific approach; How about this forum, is there space in this forum for subjectiv comments? The...
  6. R

Hallo Makis, "If the Crown had a similar effect too" (see red marked text), i guess it is useless to investigate the Nilai only, i would investigate the effect of the Fletcher Munson curve and think in that direction, since it is about relative sensitivity of the ear related to frequency and...
  7. R

Thank you for the swift and clear answer.
  8. R

I may be missing something, but Amir explained in page 10 the cause of rising distortions at higher frequencies, the test was done with the lid open. With the lid closed it is gone. Again i might be mixing things up and be mistaken... Regards, Rob.
  9. R

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Thanks for your swift reply.
  10. R

Hi Soerenssen, When reading this Forum i get the general idea; All poweramps with the same measured values, sound the "same" (not significantly worse than its competitors, which is close to what you call unlistenable). Furthermore; untill your post, every user in this thread seemed pretty...
  11. R

I use no preamp but use the Wadia Dac 121, which has internal remote controlled volume control.
  12. R

I agree with you, although i have the stereo version i expect they have the same audio quality. I have 55 years of hifi experience and this is the first amp in my setup that i love listening to for more than 2-3 hours. Before i got tired or bored when listening to my setup with other amps, but...
  13. R

I guess nobody disagrees about the influence of the psu, it is a fact that a smaller psu will cause the amp to deliver less power. Even laymen will understand, if somebody does not get enough food, this person will (under)perform accordingly. But i guess it is only about the word "bad". Since...
  14. R

I don't see a problem, why should the psu completely match the capacity of the power amp board? As explained by others these are design decisions. People totally accept the possibility of choosing between engines when buying a car. As long as manufacturers are transparent about their design...
  15. R

Since i have a complete opposite experience than you (and not with the recording you mentioned), i can only say probably the Nilai does not suit your combination. Everything shows it is a top quality product, but once and a while a component does not "fit". Like some body else tried to use a...
Top Bottom