Recent content by Ride154

1. R

Playing Apple Music HiRes

On my iPad I use a 15 euro Bluetooth ’camera’ remote to change tracks and rude volume controle. You can’t change playlists but you can play/pause/next and previous. With volume changes you only get 14/15 clicks ‘cause the iPad doesn’t have more steps when using the side button, but works ok for...
  2. R

Scandyna Blue room Minipod Speaker (in-room) measurements... I'm confused...

I know it’s an old post but are you still playing around with these? My minipods measure different. Tweeters are +6dB at 3 to 14/16k. (i think, could look up the rew measuremen) At the moment I’m modding them and trying different drivers in them.
  3. R

spdif/coax with 110 ohm cable?

Great, I’ll order some new plugs and try it next week. I’ll report back in for progress. Thanks for the help.
  4. R

So I could twist the red and white together and use the shield as ground?
  5. R

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/balanced-cables/mogami-3080-aes-ebu-digital-cable-110-ohm-2x018mm-o-5mm-p-9839.html this is the cable that’s in my floor
  6. R

Hi, I have a question for the cable experts. In my previous house I had 3 hypex plate amps daisy chained with spdif/coax cables. The spdif/coax transferred the music signal with signals for on/standby and volume. Worked great. In my new house I wanted to use aes cable because the distance...
  7. R

An evolving journey - DIY Surround on a Mac

As I said ... no expert whatsoever :-) but very interested into ditching an AVR which is always the one who gets outdated and plenty of Mac gear in my house and office. There isn’t a fun little program that can fix this? I found Loopback from Rogue Amoeba and this fixed my problem with my...
  8. R

An evolving journey - DIY Surround on a Mac

Hi Guys, read this thread and this interests me also. Any progress? No expert what so ever but how about Apple TV > HDMI > TV > HDMI > Mac Mini > usb > okto research dac8 pro > 8 power amps of your choice > speakers? The dac8 was first made with a dsp inside and as I understand will return with...
Top Bottom