Recent content by Ricardojoa

1. R

Why preamps or DACs really should have high pass filters

If you are going to mate with a sub then sure is nice to have high pass filters but the proper way is thru dsp. I think an avr with peq is a very good choice for those looking to mate with a sub. Just a dac or preamp with high pass filters dint cut it
  2. R

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Seems like you knew how it measured. May i ask what is the next lottery numbers across the globe………………….? Thats far more important!
  3. R

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

Could the sensitivity be listed as a typo? It is rated at half space which means at full space it would be even less sensitive.
  4. R

Dynaudio New Confidence 20 Remade with measurement

Do you have the confidence measurement to compare?
  5. R

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

The ascend is wider on the critical midrange and much consistent throughout the highs. The PS fr10 FR clearly shows a discrepancy of the mid and the woofers. They are too far apart for their crossover point. I think Erin should get a pair of the ascends towers ribbon to measure and tells us how...
  6. R

I swapped Ls50 for an R3 meta ….im I imagining

Why dont you try to reposition them ? They are different speakers and should be positioned up accordingly.
  7. R

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

The old version V1 had very solid center image. One of the best i have heard. My current speakers phil bmr doesn’t have that solid center image either kind of vague but is there. I try eq the mid frequency up and lower the lower highs. That helps quite alot.
  8. R

Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 V2 - Review & Measurements by Erin

I used to have the v1 version. To be honest, they weren’t bad speakers. When I initially got them, this was way back in the 2009, they indeed gave me that honky sound and i sent a msg to Dave regarding this. His reply was that im probably getting used to the way the speaker sound. That honky...
  9. R

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

Not bad for a fraction of the cost. Just need a bit help at cross over. Keep in mind these were never meant to be accurate speakers.
  10. R

Replacing North Creek Okara II bookshelfs

I think the issue here is that the center is in a cabinet and not at listening height . once you put in a cabinet you get amplified low frequencies that muddies the mid. I don’t think the center is at proper height to give you the sense the mid are coming out from TV.
  11. R

Don't let these guys unpack your speakers....

Maybe there isn’t enough meat on the speakers to grab on when its verically
  12. R

CSS Criton 1TD-X Kit Speaker Review

Just plug the ports and see how it sounds
  13. R

Active subwoofer suggestions, $5k budget

Rythmik is one of the best with all the adjustments.
  14. R

mini/micro subwoofer thread

Hard to believe those specs are real.
Top Bottom