Recent content by blse59

1. B

What Headphones do not need (or scream for) EQ?

Sony MDR-7506. Widely used amongst pro audio/musician people and I doubt a single one of them EQs it.
  2. B

Which media player for music files ?

Yes, because literally you just double-click the setup file to install. Then you double-click the audio file to play. It can't be more simple than that. The player interface is spartan, lightweight and barebones.
  3. B

Which media player for music files ?

Foobar by far is the simplest easiest quality music player. If you ever used Winamp back in the day and remembered how easy that was, Foobar is basically the same thing.
  4. B

Wired In-Ear Headphones Recommendation

ER2SE or ER2XR if you like more bass. $49 at Adorama. Other people's rankings are useless as they all have different ears and different ways of perceiving.
  5. B

Need advice for my first DAC/AMP set up

No need to complicate it. Fiio K5 Pro. The easiest no fuss buy it and forget it setup for headphones.
  6. B

Is the Etymotic Research ER3SE worth it?

Adorama is still selling the ER3SE and ER3XR for $69. IMO, this is the best deal on IEMs on the planet. The ER3SE is my favorite in the Etymotic lineup. Has the high resolution of BA drivers (vs. dynamic) - it really feels like you are putting a magnifying glass to the recording - and there is a...
  7. B

CDs---Grampa's relics?

I meant getting back into physical cds. Of course I have them ripped (who doesn't????).
  8. B

CDs---Grampa's relics?

I've donated a lot of my cds to Goodwill or Salvation Army. Let them figure out what to do with them. I tried to get back into cds but taking them out of the case, putting the disc in a drive and listening to music that way feels slow and weird.
  9. B

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

Fiio K5 Pro + Sony MDR-7506. Come at me, brah. Do you even lift?
  10. B

Best Movie Music Composer

James Horner, Nino Rota (Romeo & Juliet, Godfather, etc.), Bernard Herrmann (Taxi Driver, etc.).
  11. B

Do you mainly stream music or own it?

These days streaming but when the apocalypse hits and society collapses I'll go back to music I own.
  12. B

Sennheiser Launches HD 400 Pro Headphones for Mixing and Mastering

My guess is it's the 560s with the little high frequency deviation from the harman target removed so that it's entirely more in line with the target. Some people perceive the 560s as slightly hot because of that little deviation.
  13. B

Sennheiser Launches HD 400 Pro Headphones for Mixing and Mastering

I was browsing adorama and came across this. Looks like it was only just announed/released today. New open back Sennheiser designed for pro use for mixing and mastering. Interested to see what the frequency response is. https://www.adorama.com/alc/sennheiser-400-pro-headphones/
  14. B

Headphones around the $200 with 'FUN' sound signature.

That hasn't been my experience with the m50x.
  15. B

Headphones around the $200 with 'FUN' sound signature.

M50x, duh. Love the rumble in the bass.
Top Bottom