Recent content by reddeath

1. R

Nvidia Shield on Android 11

Do you know if the app upsamples from the high res versions at least?
  2. R

Nvidia Shield on Android 11

My Denon 4500H reports 192 kHz for any track played with Amazon Music on Shield TV 2015 with the Match content audio resolution option enabled. But the app reports device compatibility and playback at 16-bit 44.1 kHz. What is going on?
  3. R

Arcam AVR10 Review

@amirm Just out of curiosity, what was the firmware version of the AVR10 that you tested? Looking through the firmware release notes, I found a point describing change to something around the DAC to improve its performance. Arcam seems to be making a lot of bug fixes and improvements with really...
  4. R

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I am also very interested in how MQA processing influences the resulting sound. Any measurements on that? I have heard recently on the internet that MQA is lossy and introduces distortion in some frequencies. Not to mention that (reportedly) it is a proprietary technology aimed at producing...
  5. R

Which measurement result diagrams show the frequency response levels for the headphone amp in the M500 MK 1 and 2 reviews?
  6. R

Can we get a review of how the DAC sounds - human impression of musicality? And with comparison to MK 1? I am interested in comparison of the frequency response of the headphone amps in both version.
  7. R

Can we get a review of how the DAC sounds - human impression of musicality? And with comparison to MK 1? I am interested in comparison of the frequency response of the headphone amps in both version.
  8. R

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

After having listened to many more sources (different songs on different streaming services and local files), I can tell that the base frequency of the integrated headphone amp is enough. I believe the term sometimes used in this situation is calling the sound "transparent". It would be nice to...
  9. R

Wow, nice. I just doubt he will hear about the offer. I just shared his youtube video here. And on another matter, regarding your review, which of the tests listed measures the frequency response of the headphone amplifier in M500? I have an impression that my M500 V2 has a "thin" low...
  10. R

I just saw this video: He also mentions the "thin" sound of M500 V2 comparing to V1. Although he talks about XLR output. He asked the question what is the difference exactly between V1 and V2.
  11. R

Could you please address my request few posts back regarding low frequencies lacking in the headphone amp on M500? Some forum users suggested hardware failure. How can this be verified, preferably without sending the unit anywhere?
  12. R

Am I reading this correct? SMSL employee asks a random person on the forum, who mentioned he has M500 V1, to send it back for a replacement/upgrade to V2. This is essentially a "recall" request. Since SMSL has all email addresses of the people who bought the products through their websites at...
  13. R

Which version of the M500 do you have (SW, HW, date) ? And how do you connect balanced headphones to 6,3mm headphone port on M500?
  14. R

Maybe it is a matter of comparison. If other amps sound more full, M500 sounds too thin by comparison. Maybe the situation is that M500 has a bit too little base and other amps have a bit too much. There must be a reason why M500 MK2 has a new headphone amp built-in, which has a different design...
  15. R

I have even thought about buying the M500 MK2, which was just announced. But what if the sound is the same thin in the low frequencies? That's a bit risky.
Top Bottom