Recent content by Raxumit

1. R

IEM with volume control and play/pause (3 button)

This was a timely topic for me, since I have essentially the same use case. I ordered the Truthear Hola with mic cable linked above, since I already have the Truthear Zeros, like them, and the connector should be the same. Thanks @markanini for the suggestion. I hike with a 10,000 Mah battery...
  2. R

Audiophonics DA-S250NC DAC & Power Amp Review

I've been following this forum for a while, and curious about modern class D, but didn't want to do separates - just couldn't bear to pay $300+ for a DAC which is to me just a pricey preamp/volume knob. So when this came along I found all my objections removed, and Audiophonics got my order...
  3. R

Audiophonics DA-S250NC and DAW-S250NC : new integrated amps with DAC (streamer) and Ncore !

I think you are asking "If I can buy a Rotel A14 for the same price as an Audiophonics DAW-S250NC, what distinguishes them?" The usable wattage on the Audiophonics is going to be higher, 150W @ 8Ω on the Audiophonics vs. 80W @ 8Ω on the Rotel. Amir says "So you better have a beefy amplifier to...
  4. R

Audiophonics DA-S250NC and DAW-S250NC : new integrated amps with DAC (streamer) and Ncore !

Nifty. Any pictures of the installation? Did you install the Raspberry Pi in the case?
  5. R

I don't know anything specific, but I would be tempted to try a variety of bitrates/sample depth. Do 44/16 tracks give you issue? Also try uncompressed (WAV) of tracks you have problems with. Just guessing.
  6. R

Help a newbie pick the most appropriate amp

You might think @geek101 is joking, but he is making a good suggestion. I have two Aiyima A07's myself, and they are solid little amps. If you are really about to spend 1,000-2,000 €, then doing a small experiment with a budget amp for < 100 € is easy and reasonable. You may find it is entirely...
  7. R

This is correct. It comes on at first power on, stays on for 40 seconds if no input. When input & volume change, display comes on again. I would like it if the timeout was user configurable, but if there has to be a fixed behavior, this is arguably the best one and should be the default if it...
  8. R

YouTube Audio Reviewer Tier List - Jan 2023 Edition

Cheap Audio Man drives me nuts because he often never even shows the device on, let alone plugged in and walked through its paces. Ok, I get if you don't have the gear to measure, and I'll tolerate your schlubby subjectivity if you'll show me something I can't get from the Amazon page. But FFS...
  9. R

Today is exactly 40th anniversary of CD in EU/US. Is that a reason to celebrate? How many have you collected? And how do you store your treasures?

My CDs are in stackable plastic tubs in the basement. Hundreds definitely, maybe 1000-2000 total, but I don't know. My CD player was stolen along with all my stereo gear at one point. (I still miss that Technics SL-520, adored the cue wheel, thought it was a terrific UI innovation. If they were...
  10. R

When this DAC board is used elsewhere, I think it can be powered by a USB-C adapter. Since the DAC board pulls 5V from the Hypex amp, this isn't needed, so they've put the jack facing right up to the back panel, making it inaccessible. Pictures here for the curious:
  11. R

Aboslute best CHEAP DIY speaker

I think I agree with Rick about keeping crossover designs secret in DIY designs. It's not that $10 is unreasonable - I think it very much is, even for builders in non-Western economies. But I'll doubt I'll ever build a design with a proprietary crossover. It just rubs me the wrong way, and is...
  12. R

Revel C763L In-ceiling Speaker Review

Oh I'm so sorry. Tragic. I periodically vent my rage against these setups at https://www.reddit.com/r/TVTooHigh/.
  13. R

Audio watt meter for speakers?

Amir measures N252MP based amps at 105 good watts it looks like, so I guess I'm good to over 103 dB going by Ray's graph. I don't need more than 90 dB like, ever, so I think I'm fine. That sounds nifty. I'd love to see a demo. It would be great if Hypex/Purifi/etc. all put some values...
  14. R

Thanks Ray, that's a very helpful graph! Is it just derived from two input values, Speaker Sensitivity and Ohms? Wouldn't mind a source if it's an online calculator somewhere.
  15. R

I linked to them above, DIY Zaph SR-71s I built. http://www.zaphaudio.com/SR71.html
Top Bottom