Recent content by Radtraveller

1. R

Carver RAM285

Listen to it in your own room.. sheesh, how hard is that to understand? Go for the stuff you know measures really well, but makes it sound like you are listening to music in a tin can.. I guess that is one way to spend your money.. and don’t forget your $5000 6 inch usb cable that “measures”...
  2. R

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I drink lots of filtered water already.. ;-p
  3. R

Carver RAM285

Nope, no beneficial financial interests in it… except maybe seeing prices come down… :-). I own a bunch of Carver equipment.. for sure.. (and will probably have more sometime in the future before I die) Silver Seven 900 mono blocks BlackMagic 25 (x2) Pair of Silver 7t many tfm, m1.x, A760x...
  4. R

Carver RAM285

Measurements vs taste, or experiential vs theoretical …. Another analogy is Communism vs Capitalism.. Communism may look good on paper, but I sure as heck will never “buy in” to if, regardless of how political or ”social” scientists measure” things.
  5. R

Carver RAM285

Useful to know how many calories bacon has.. still doesn’t mean I will buy tofu instead.. I know I will always be happy eating bacon.. Just telling me about some measurement that I won’t physically be able to hear is not very helpful. I want to hear what I am shelling out for. At least with...
  6. R

Carver RAM285

If going to post a criticism, please post your listening experience also.. Or did you ever even have a listen? Points on a graph representing inaudible artifacts are irrelevant to an AUDIO experience.. Obsessing over a graph or spreadsheet as a substitute to actually hearing a product is lazy...
  7. R

Your Favorite Loudspeakers of all time whether you owned them or not

If I could afford them… and a room for em… https://tektondesign.com/product/full-range-speakers/flagship/1812-model-v12/#color Or if they were even available and I could afford them: https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/carver-als-line-source-loudspeaker-system/
  8. R

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

There is something other than coffee to drink?
  9. R

Carver RAM285

Shipping soon! From : https://thecarversite.com/topic/26313-inside-bob-carvers-lab-with-director-of-operations-jim-clark/page/2/#comments It's a good day for a good day.. 285s start shipping next week. In on Monday out before Friday. This has a good chance of being the quietest tube amp...
  10. R

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

So a 42 year old amp was measured… and the owner stated they changed the tires and the gas filter.. Seriously, this is like measuring the “performance” of a 1988 Z-28 with 250,000 miles that was sitting in the barn for 20 years, had new tires put on, a new gas filter, maybe an oil change (we...
  11. R

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

It isn’t I cannot afford roon.. it is getting locked into it. And not being able to use if there is no internet connection to check your license. i get internet outages fairly frequently. Not going to go there. looking at maybe setting up a daphile server (has tidal, qobuz and others) though I...
  12. R

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

My Carver Silver Seven 900 has 40..(50 if you want to count non output tubes) so the MA-3 has a few more total.. but only makes 500w vs the Silver Seven 900(tested output > 1000) watts per channel.. never heard of MA-3 though, nor seen one for sale, though I read the price was close to...
  13. R

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

I have purchased node 2i, smsl su-10 and gustard R26. to my ears, the gustard NOS mode with my equipment sounds better than smsl, which sounds better than the 2i using a few dsd files via usb drive for testing. The only redeeming aspect of the node is directly logging into tidal for masters. I...
  14. R

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

More tubes than anything else? I’ll bet my tube amp has more (and my daddy can be up yours!) :)
Top Bottom