Recent content by Petroman

1. P

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

I have the RZ830 but the manual does not mention that it uses a class A/B topology. It does have AKM4458 I believe. I was surprised how good it sounds... the background is so dark with no hiss at very low or loud volumes. I usually listen to 2.1 stereo via lossless streaming.
  2. P

Anybody PREFER listening to music on bookshelves or tower speakers only (without the subwoofer)?

I have RP8000f without a sub initially thinking the same. I use them for stereo listening only. However, there was something missing. Bought a (one) matching SPL120 sub and it filled in the lows nicely. Can't go back now. The trick with subs is how to correctly set up so that it won't interfere...
  3. P

Speaker Cables

Mhardy, the best way to explain is that sound appear to be behind the speakers and not coming directly from speakers...during the AB testing I did not move the speakers..the speakers tend to be less present physically. I do not have any equipment to check any electrical parameters though. As I...
  4. P

Speaker Cables

Hello folks, I am going to share my experience for the first time here esp. on this controversial topic. Gonna get flamed! I recently watched a youtube video by Steve on some inexpensive "Micca" cables recently and wanted to try them out. Like Amir, being an engineer, I always thought of...
  5. P

Response to PS Audio on P12 PowerPlant Measurements (Video)

Thanks mate. I'm glad to be here. Fortunately, I never bought any of PS Audio stuff. There is a lot of snake oil in this industry but forums like this, keep educating people. Now a days there are so many "cheaper" and better options available (some from China) e.g. Topping, Denafrips and Kinky...
  6. P

Response to PS Audio on P12 PowerPlant Measurements (Video)

Very well reviewed by Amir. I used to watch Paul's youtube channel and would appreciate his struggles and journey in building his company PS Audio. The first time I smelled something fishy was when in one of his videos he praised "Danny Richie" of GR Research, another "wise guy" who trashes...
Top Bottom