Recent content by Peter Leyenaar

1. P

Foobar or JRiver

Foobar appears to be Windows only, I prefer Roon , however, if one spend $500 (lifetime Roon member fee) in your local used cd and record store , you'd end up with enough CDs to keep you happy, of course Roon's 384kHz/24-bit is sooo much better, you can easily hear the difference:p Apparently...
  2. P

What are we listening to right now..

This is what my patio looks like in the winter :
  3. P

Fort Nelson is 15 hrs driving North of us, we do get cold wether in the winter -28C for a couple of weeks -5 to -15 C on average and a lot of snow great for skiing and getting your exercise clearing it.
  4. P

Same here in British Columbia, similar elevation, temperature slightly warmer , Rocky Mountains view from my patio 18 golf courses within 1 hour driving , 5 golf courses within 20 min driving, many lakes in the area ,exceptional down hill and X country skiing
  5. P

DAP or dedicated DAC for home listening?

I now also have the Shanling M3S DAP, the sound quality of these 2 DAP's is equivalent to any good quality CD player, I wasn't aware of the battery problems others have mentioned,however, I find them very convenient with my main system or in the car, they also sound great (audiophile quality )...
  6. P

Proper Definition of High-Resolution Music

Use your ears, you will only hear 18KHz max. anyway
  7. P

Jos Van Immerseel, Mozart Piano Concertos; absolutely brilliant https://www.channelclassics.com/catalogue/CCSSEL6818-Mozart-Complete-Solo-Clavier-Concerte-10-CD-Set/
  8. P

Science: How much power do you really need?

I auditioned a pair of Apogee Centaur speakers (combination Woofer, Ribbon speaker) which were driven by an older 20 watt Pioneer amp, this combo sounded horrible: shrill and distorted , obviously inadequate power. The seller emailed me and asked me to audition them again the following day , now...
  9. P

Steve Guttenberg on active speakers

I have a set of powered Swan Speakers: http://6moons.com/audioreviews/swans2/1.html that I use on the patio in the summer , they provide a wonderful sound for a small set of speakers, Had them for about 8 years, never a problem. I can only listen to Steve Guttenberg for about 30 seconds.
  10. P

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

Not my quote, my speaker cables cost me $20, nice 14 gauge speaker wire and plugs I still had, made them myself, I am not bad at soldering, having built tube amps while in high school. I think they are balanced, exactly the same length, the guy in the shop where I bought the wire told me so,as...
  11. P

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

GoosbumpsRbacch said: The following is the most important point I’d like to make when considering BACCH. Like most of us, I’ve spent significant money on everything hifi from power re-generators, fuses, cables, Schumann generators, dacs, isolators, Ethernet switches etc. We all chase the...
  12. P

MQA creator Bob Stuart answers questions.

It's all making perfect sense now.
  13. P

Mea Culpa, I didn't realize this thread is about listening to nuclear explosions , you go ahead and listen to them, I'll listen to music. Any others listening to nuclear explosions ?
  14. P

If we assume that most people use their stereo systems to listen to music at a quality level of a CD (16 bit 44.1Khz determined by the good people of Phillips and Sony, taking the Nyquist sampling rate in account) it should be clear that 20 Khz is the very upper limit of frequencies one will...
Top Bottom