Recent content by PepegaSimulator

1. P

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Great read, I had no idea what the filters on DAC were for or why they couldn't just be "turned off". Thanks for sharing.
  2. P

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but if the filters are mislabeled then which one is the "best" in terms of accuracy or general sound quality. I tried flipping between them and couldn't really notice a difference in my brief listening. Thanks!
  3. P

Kali LP-6/LP-8 V2 (2nd Wave) studio monitors released

Anyone know what the dip switches on the back of the LP6-V2s even do? Like I understand what they're mean for, but I can't seem to find any documentation on what they do to the actual frequency response. I'm using an EQ from this thread, and I assume it was done with all the dip switches in...
  4. P

Topping DX5 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Currently deciding on whether to purchase the DX5 or the EX5. From my understanding, both share a rather similar feature set with only minor, likely inaudible differences in technical performance. Can someone give me any reason to grab the DX5 if it costs $85 more? Don't want to regret grabbing...
  5. P

Just to clarify, while using the EX5 in pre-amp mode, is it still using the built-in DAC or relying on my computer's on-board audio? I'm assuming the former, but I just wanted to clarify. Thanks!
  6. P

Apologies if I'm being obtuse, but can you use the EX5's balanced XLR outputs and the RCA outputs at the same time? I have a pair of active studio monitors that accept XLR input and a subwoofer that uses RCA input. I thought of buying an audio interface, but I also use headphones occasionally...
  7. P

Klipsch The Fives Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review

Thanks for that information. I've switch to that configuration and the bass is much more to my preference. Unrelated, but are we supposed to enable or disable audio enhancements in Windows when connected to a PC via USB or optical cable? From my understanding, it should typically be disabled...
  8. P

Klipsch The Fives Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review

Did you ever manage to figure this out? I got a pair myself and I'm confused on what settings I should be using to match the EQ settings found in this thread. Is the now depreciated bass cut setting the -6db corner adjustment or simply turning off the dynamic bass option? Should the dynamic bass...
Top Bottom