Recent content by Penguino

1. Penguino

Klipsch RP-600M Speaker Review

Would love to see the JBL Studio 530s in the future! I was initially interested in the RP-600M but now the Studios are what I have my sights set on. $300 a pair on sale twice a year, and supposed to be phenomenal in build and sound for the price!
  2. Penguino

Rupert Neve RNHP Headphone Amp Review

Did you test the 3.5mm input? It's supposed to have a significant increase in gain, and I'm curious how that affects things.
  3. Penguino

Woo Audio WA11 Topaz Portable Headphone Amp/DAC Review

If you could get your hands on a Quloos QA390, I'd be very interested. For the same price, it claims some crazy performance in power and in distortion. The only review I've seen is from Zeos, and it'd be nice to see some measurements.
  4. Penguino

Nobsound 3-IN-1-OUT XLR Audio Switch Review

Could you use this with headphones? Seems like it'd be a great comparison tool between dacs, amps, and cans if that's the case.
  5. Penguino

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review

Oh, so just a switcher that you can turn down
  6. Penguino

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review

Does passive mode do anything, or is it just a passthrough at that point?
  7. Penguino

Could a THX amp power speakers?

Definitely the smarter way to do things. It was more a theoretical "could you" scenario, because I heard how loud the Klipschorns were at just 4 watts during my visit to the store and it really was quite impressive. While I'd love to have a pair of K-Horns or better yet Jubilees, they're far...
  8. Penguino

Good point. I do recall hearing that speakers fluctuate in impedance, so it's something to avoid. I plan on getting an 887 soon and a nearby shop has a set of Klipschorns on display... might be interesting to test!
  9. Penguino

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to connect speakers to a THX 887 without blowing it up (with volume discipline). It says it can handle 8.8W into 16 ohms - does that mean it could output 8.8W into 8 ohms safely, or is it more complex than just looking at wattage? Would heatsinking...
  10. Penguino

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

@amirm, how does the finish pair with a THX 789 or 887? Would you be able to take a picture of them together (if you still have either)?
Top Bottom