Recent content by PaoloM

1. P

Newbie looking for his first pair of monitor

Turns out you were right once again. Today i managed to get a Toslink cable and as soon as I plugged everything the buzzing sound was completely gone. The only difference i managed to notice with the macbook configuration was the precence of a slightly more noticeable hiss. That would probably...
  2. P

Is it this, right? There's written "spdif out" above
  3. P

I was thinking to purchase an optical audio cable to link it with the DAC, so I could power it directly from the outlet (right now it receives both power and signals with usb from pc)
  4. P

@ZolaIII As you anticipated, I'm having problems with groundloops and I'm trying to solve them. Quick recap of the situation: In the end I bought kali lp 6, i connected them to my pc and i hear a buzzing sound which become even more annoying when moving mouse or doing anything with my pc. I...
  5. P

Thanks for both advices! I'll be sure to check monitor's manual to find out what is the best configuration I can achieve. I've already tried (just for fun and experience) the REW+APO using a blue yeti microphone and i had a lot of fun understanding how the whole process works even if the result...
  6. P

@ZolaIII @Count Arthur Thanks both for the clear explanation, it helped me a lot in understanding what I should do. My PSU is pretty good since I invested a lot when building my pc but I think i will wait 1 year for a possible audio card/external DAC. Since I will finish university at that time...
  7. P

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure I got what you're saying. I understood i should connect 2 separate cables (1 from left and 1 from right monitor) into the pc I have 4 outputs (green, black, orange and S/PDIF). I'm almost sure one should go to the green, what about the other one? I don't want to look...
  8. P

I really appreciate your generosity, but sadly I live in italy and shipping costs with UPS would be over 140€ which doesn't sound too good. I'm sure a fellow US audiophile would appreciate more your kind gift :D By the way I'm really astonished by the amount of support I'm getting from this...
  9. P

@pablolie Would you guys recommend looking for used monitors even if i'm a newbie? I wouldn't mind getting a used pair of monitors, but I feel quite insecure since I'm worried I wouldn't be able to recognise any problem if the one I'll buy happen to have one. Sadly I don't even know anyone...
  10. P

Do you have any advice for how i should connect them to my pc now? Let's say a get a pair of Kalis which most of you advised. I'm thinking of connecting those with a xlr to mini jack y splitter cable, but I have seen there is also a xlr to usb y splitter alternative. Is there any difference? If...
  11. P

From Amirm's Adam T5v review. That's also why I didn't include the above models in the first place. Note that kali is also 100€ more expensive
  12. P

I considered buying this device since i read many people talked about this. Would you spend 300+100 for monitor+microphone or 400 for monitor only? Sadly kali costs 400 here so in case i get those, microphone would have to wait a bit
  13. P

Thanks to both for the sweetchaos list. I haven't checked it before and it has been very helpful! I just can't understand why Adam T5v received such a low score!! I carefully read Amirm's review about T5v and it was one of the few models at this budget that he strongly recommends. Did things...
  14. P

Thanks for the answer! According to Erin's review about a305: So I'm strongly considering this pair of monitor. Before writing this thread i was leaning towards T5v but now I'm kinda insecure what to pick Would you recommend a306 over T5v? Should I wait that they get back in stock as new or...
  15. P

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy my first pair of "hi-fi" monitor speakers. I would use them in a desktop setup connected to my pc (mini jack), my room is pretty small: 12 sqare metres (I'm a student). I mostly listen to pop, rock, electronic but also classic and jazz at times. I narrowed down my...
Top Bottom