Recent content by P_Stein

1. P

Gustard X16 Balanced MQA DAC Review

Or this for $10-20 and you just step on it. Just dont tap your foot to the rhythm
  2. P

Works! Thanks for the two playlists. Also, here are my settings just in case someone is wondering.
  3. P

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm happy with OFS at the moment. The soundstage has expanded and it sounds crisper than the Node 2i. Higher sampling rates above 96(386?) are showing both tidal connect and the BluOS app. Coax or optical doesn't matter. Perhaps in the future Ill get a new streamer...
  4. P

Interesting, I get OFS when I turn off MQA decoding. So this means that the Gustard X16 can only do the second unfold right? I guess if it doesnt affect the sound quality its not bad right? The 44 seems a bit low for the master tracks but maybe it was just the ones I chose for this small...
  5. P

Hi guys, I got mine and without any A/B testing Im liking the sound. I know, Ill have my wife blindfold me, good to have a second use for it:) So.....I put up the brightness to 7 and its fairly readable for me. Im getting 96 on my flac albums so thats workin well with the passthrough...
  6. P

Whoa, they told me 2-4 weeks so I had to cancel and opt for audiophonics for tad bit more. Delivery Jan 26th!
  7. P

Getting the same message shipping to germany. Website said enter an 11 digit import code for the DAC. Then some dude from Leipzig DHL left a message on my voicemail:) Did it delay your package getting shipped out from Schenzhen or was it later in the shipment process?
  8. P

Ordered mine! Woohoo:) What stereo/power amps are you guys connecting to your gustard x16 to preserve the signal path quality?
  9. P

Just figured out I can take the two additional XLR outputs to my subwoofer. Solved, have two inputs there. X16 needs to ship soon, with or without MQA
  10. P

A couple people here look like they are gonna do the Node 2i---Coax----Gustard X16. So clooose to clickin buy! :) I kinda got a newb question :facepalm: My bass management has always been done on the Node. I have it connected to an AVR(SR7013) where the THREE RCAs(L/R/Sub) from the Node are...
  11. P

I think its a simple question but im confused: How can i attach my node 2i through an ext dac... to my AVR

Hi Jimbob, Im thinking the Marantz would be able to handle the subout, but with the side effect of redigitizing an already good signal. But now Im curious to test out my current setup on the RCA inputs with Pure Direct On. Maybe I can have my cake an listen to cake too.
  12. P

I think its a simple question but im confused: How can i attach my node 2i through an ext dac... to my AVR

Thanks Adam, Would the Marantz internal DAC lessen the audio quality coming from the external DAC? Im imagining that the analog signal would be redigitized and then "analoged again". Or can I bypass this by selecting Pure Direct?
  13. P

I have it connected like: Node 2i>RCA>7CH L/R In Node 2i Subout >RCA> 7CH Subwoofer In The crossover is then done by the Bluesound node itself as it has a subwoofer out. I probably shoulda mentioned that. Ive tried doing RCA into the Marantz and the node sounded distinctly worse when I did.
  14. P

Hi guys, I took a couple of classes in electronics a looong time ago but I've been super confused recently on how to attach an external dac in-between my Node 2i and the Marantz SR7013. I like the node but want to improve upon it to get more outta my B&W603s. Can I just connect the DAC(aka...
Top Bottom