Recent content by outlookrt

1. O

Arendal Sound

+1 1961 bookshelf.
  2. O

Wife finds theatre too loud. Bumming me out! How can I make it 5db quieter for only her?

Maybe a compromise can be achieved by selective EQing a certain FR region? We know that a ‘room curve’ is ultimately a subjective area of preference. Maybe she’s more sensitive to the presence region of the frequency range? A few db dip there may help while keeping the bass and highs in tact...
  3. O

Integrated stereo amplifier with bass-management?

if not already mentioned: Lyngdorf TDAI1120 extensive bass management, EQ, and room correction in a compact package. found Room Perfect results superior to dirac from initial tests. built in streaming and phono. went from a minidsp SHD to one and much happier. can use with a remote (additional...
  4. O

A $15k music streamer reviewed on stereophile

Th Audio Industry: Creates this $15K Streamer. Also the Audio Industry: "Why don't young people care about hi fidelity music reproduction anymore???????"
  5. O

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

I think it may not be an issue via Chromecast protocol but need to test further. Think it may be a spotify connect protocol issue of some sort although don't think it happens with my other devices...
  6. O

Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 questions

Running a TFAI 1120 here. I'm having an issue where Spotify Connect will randomly skip to the next song, at least for the first bit after starting a session. Seems to stop eventually. Unit is connected via ethernet so not a wifi drop issue. Otherwise love the unit. Great features, usibility and...
  7. O

Genelec 8330A Review (Studio Monitor)

Would be good to know if that peak/roughness in the presence region is infact measurement related. I'd probably rather a good old 'BBC dip' in that region vs a peak if i had to choose. I suppose these would be always be run with glm which I assume would sort it if is infact it's true FR. Are...
  8. O

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

Nice lack of port resonance. Good example of the benefits of using a 'slot' port over the more common flared tube?
  9. O

Orthoacoustics and psychoacoustics.

Good question. Havn't brought anything in from the EU as of late. It's obviously going to be worse than it was before when it was Nothing! I noticed Larsen speakers which are very much carrying on the Carlssson approach seem available in the UK. The little Larsen 4.2 looks interesting.
  10. O

Orthoacoustics and psychoacoustics.

Been interested in trying some Sonab, or better yet, some Carlsson speakers for a while but so far seem hard to come by in the UK. As far as speaker+room as a unified output system I'm personally interested in Lyngdorfs approach of using on-wall + corner subs. For me having spekaers 1metre+ out...
  11. O

Dali Spektor 1 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Considering these are the lowest level model speaker Dali make and are extremely popular mass-market (in the UK at least) they actually perform decently in my eyes. Alot of people buying these will use them on a bookshelf, firing straight ahead on either side of an a 'mini-system' or all-in-one...
  12. O

In-wall Speaker Measurements (Monoprice THX-365IW)

This is great. A someone who's lived in several small flats in London over the past 7 years, the performance of small speakers as close to, or ON, the wall of great interest to me. For small spaces I'm starting to think that sealed speakers on the wall combined with a modern 'micro-sub' (SVS or...
  13. O

New All-in-one amplifier

The 2 Lyngdorf pre-outputs are for subwoofers and actually extremely advanced ones controlled by the DSP. Lyngdorf themself offer speaker systems that use small speakers combined with stereo subs that are then crossedover and corrected inside the tdai. Delay and distance for both sub and mains...
  14. O

New All-in-one amplifier

I have a Lyngdorf tdai 1120 arriving today for demo for the exact same reasons. New living room arrangement and newborn twins has me wanting something very convenient and discreet but without too much of a sq sacrifice. It’s ability to handle the crossover/eq/room correction for a discreet 2.2...
  15. O

What is your ideal integrated amplifier?

Impulse bought a Sony TA F700es amplifier as a way of dipping my toe into full-featured Japanese integrateds. What a beautiful beast, beautifully built with machined metal knobs, tone controls, mm/mc phono, built like a tank. It even has an ‘Adaptor out/in’ so you can insert eq/dsp/DRC between...
Top Bottom