Recent content by Oily Rag

1. O

Topping D90 USB input fail

Well, everything is working fine for the time being so I won't disturb it. Thanks for the suggestion though. If it changes, I would look for an electronics Engineer in the Bristol area (UK).
  2. O

Yes there was a reply. John advised I should send it back to their Service Centre for investigation. I considered the 'transaction cost' of that to be prohibitive so I bought a Topping D10 as a converter and now use the coaxial input....
  3. O

Thank you for your suggestion. I have messaged John Yang and await his response.
  4. O

I've now tried a PC and still nothing doing. I've only had the Topping since just before Christmas so i'm not very impressed. Looks like I'm going to have to get an adapter and use the coaxial input.
  5. O

I hadn't thought of checking it with a PC. I have one I can use for the purpose. Both Macs I've tried 'see' the Topping but just not communicating. I shall give the PC a try
  6. O

I have, no, had, my MacBook Air connected to my D90 dac using the latter's usb input. This worked fine until, for no reason, it stopped working; no sound, not a dickybird.. I have checked the connection with a second MacBook with the same outcome. I have now swapped in an inferior dac using its...
Top Bottom