Recent content by Norrlandius

1. N

Do I need a Balanced XLR to Unbalanced RCA Convertor Box?

Most of my audio production and listening equipment are in XLR connections but my integrated amp is in RCA only. Do I need to buy myself a XLR to RCA convertor box, or just get the appropriate adaptors or cables with the correct fittings and call it a day? Edit: In case the answer is yes I do...
  2. N

How Come the L3/5A No Longer Relevant in Today's Studio World?

I guess getting any unlicensed copy of a pair would defeat their's features then. I was hoping to get them for listening computer music and monitoring my own vocal singing. I do have a small room and need to listen at a small volume, but getting a BBC certified pair is beyond my price point. I...
  3. N

How Come the L3/5A No Longer Relevant in Today's Studio World?

It seems like no one these days use the L3/5A as a true studio montior for mixing and mastering music. Sure they remain popular in the audiophilesphere, but a in real music studio or home production, I have never seen a pair of them used. They are not cheap speakers but some of them can be...
  4. N

Subwoofer Comparison

In the subwoofer comparison file, the Jamo C 912 has sound listed at 15 Hz but the frequency response from Jamo spec only goes as low as 29 Hz https://d1k7keptyk1i1t.cloudfront.net/product-specsheets/Concert-912_Spec-Sheet_v01.pdf?v=1663762429. Does this mean the subwoofer can produce sound...
Top Bottom