Recent content by MrOtto

1. M

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Are you using RCA output for a powered subwoofer, with power amp connected to TRS?
  2. M

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Are TRS and RCA output active at the same time, could connect a sub to the RCA output? Could not find anything about this in the manual.
  3. M

Speakers Buzzing When Playing PC Games :(

Why make another thread when this issue is already discussed? The solution for my variant of the thread starters issue was using balanced signal cables. I swapped to a pair of XLR cables between Topping DX5 and JBL 305P mkII and the buzzing when running heavy graphics went away. I did no...
  4. M

Speakers Buzzing When Playing PC Games :(

Strangely this happens only when starting a game, and not playing music, on my PC. USB to Topping DX5 with unbalanced cables to JBL 305P MKII. Music and desktop fine, whenever starting a game, the buzzing starts.
  5. M

Upgrade for JBL 305P mkII

I took a change on a pair of used 308P MKII to test them. I set them up just after playing the same track, on the same preamp with the same volume and with the same gain settings on the LS310S and 305P MKII. A bigger cabinet, woofer and waveguide (or just the visual size of the speaker) may have...
  6. M

Star Wars: Andor (TV)

Andor has never been a "CGI diarrhea with a script for 12 year olds" I would say the new Star Wars series has the best CGI in the business, along with proper analog sets. Andor is an excellent Star Wars story alternative. Why do you need light sabers and funny animals? The Star Wars-world is...
  7. M

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madres/sofia-kourtesis
  8. M

Refreshing movies worth watching

"The Square" and "Triangle of Sadness"
  9. M

Stripping audio signal cables

What is your preferred method of stripping audio signal cables, example XLR cable? Rolling it over a knife blade fixed in a wise? Using stripping tools like this: ,
  10. M

Inside the JBL305P MkII

Here is the 308P mkII PCB
  11. M

JBL 308P MKII Studio Monitor Review

Modification of LSR308, but also 308P could also be modified this way, baffle seems very similar, adding som wheight and rigidity to the bagffe What about a cross brace or two for the MDF cabinet? http://noaudiophile.com/JBL_LSR308/
  12. M

Lack of 2.1 support is grinding my gears

How many outputs does Wiim Mini have? So you would run monitors on Digital out and subwoofer on 3.5mm out on Wiim Mini? Stop complaining about the price and just buy the Wiim Amp. Thread ended.
  13. M

https://www.jbl.com/studio-monitors/LSR310S-.html?dwvar_LSR310S-_color=Black-GLOBAL-Current $299 refurbished. 200W is propably very conservative with more headroom, compared to other brands bloated numbers. I use this on 60% gain with 305P mkII on 60% gain (-2dB trebble). I'm upgrading to JBL...
  14. M

I would like to see a DAC/Headamp/Preamp combo like Topping DX-series with digital domain DSP (not ADC-DSP-DAC) with high-pass/low-pass filter for the XLR/RCA output. Will probably be exspensive, DX9 costs $1300 and has not this feature.
  15. M

Yes, you can connect either active monitors or a power amp or integrated amp to the outputs of the sub. Set the gain on sub and volume of amp on the outputs to your liking (prefered bass level) you can also meaure the bass level with a sweep with UMIK-1 and REW. Adjust the total volume of...
Top Bottom