Recent content by mrjayviper

1. M

Topping A90 Discrete (A90D) - Teardown and personal thoughts

do you still have the amp in "pieces"? can you please take a pic of the front pieces and the front pcb just to give me an idea on what's involved in putting it all back together? thanks again!
  2. M

thanks for the reply. my worry is those 2 ribbon cables. removal might be easy but putting it back is my worry.
  3. M

any chance of a teardown guide? I want to teardown mine to drill holes on top. Thanks in advance.
  4. M

so I'm creating my own USB-A to USB-B cable using Canare mic cable, what do I do with the braided shielding?

I had some spare mic cable and need some short runs (1M and below)
  5. M

so I'm creating my own USB-A to USB-B cable using Canare mic cable, what do I do with the braided shielding?

in saying that, how do I know if the USB cable I bought from a store (online or brick/mortar) is compliant?
  6. M

is it because of the cable impedance? if DIYing USB cables, what would be the ideal cable type? (perhaps a link?)
  7. M

Do I: connect it to ground but only on 1 side? (which side?) connect it to ground both sides? leave it unconnected? Thanks for the help.
  8. M

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

ventilation holes are completely quiet and requires no maintenance or is not going to break down.
  9. M

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

So my amp is out of warranty and i want to drill some holes on top for ventilation. How can i separate the board from the chassis? I was watching a video where the person mention something about ribbon cables but he didn't show the disassembly. Thanks
  10. M

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

Unsure what you meant my target device but when I used moode (RPi -> DAC -> head amp), I never have to install anything else. I was controlling moode on my browser.
  11. M

suggestion for a dedicated Linux distribution for music listening that works with a touchscreen

as above. preferably free or inexpensive (1-time fee of < $20 USD)
  12. M

Review and Measurements of GUSTARD-DACA22 - 4499 First Show at ASR

Are you saying the more recent versions uses xmos 216? Thank you
  13. M

Review and Measurements of GUSTARD-DACA22 - 4499 First Show at ASR

Does this dac support dac (that is fixed voltage output)? Or is it running in preamp mode all the time? Thanks
Top Bottom