Recent content by monkeyboy

1. M

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

Seems like people are finding studio monitors a bit under powered for larger rooms. I wonder if PA speakers might be an option and if they have decent frequency response....
  2. M

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

With regard to the transient response the CSD was one reason I went with these (more money than I wanted to spend) the decay plot was very clean
  3. M

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Tip on Coffee timing... https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNsXxnUntdI/?igshid=11s9ajaaka969
  4. M

Help with loss of Hifiman HE-6

I can pitch in, do I just make a donation?
  5. M

LG says it might quit the smartphone market

Just picked up a refurbished G8 for $200...should be a descent DAP for the money...can be expanded up to 2TB of storage...
  6. M

Neumann KH 310A Review (Powered Monitor)

I purchased the grills as well, I have the monitors on stands about elbow height and was a bit paranoid about them getting damaged...I'm curious to see how the grills impact measurements...
  7. M

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

The HD 560S looks pretty close to the Harman curve at 1/3 the price of the Aeon, I'd like to see that reviewed as well...if the review is good, it would be hard to justify the Aeon
  8. M

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

The Aeon 2 Noire looks to be right on the Harmon curve, I'd love to see those tested...I'd pull the trigger on them, but not before I've seen the measurements....
  9. M

What's the deal with mid-tier closed headphones?

The HD 560S seems to be pretty close to the Harman curve...
  10. M

Genelec 8050B Speaker Review (and how to read speaker measurements)

Fantastic video, very informative, thank you very much....I've shared it with a few friends who have interests in audio....
  11. M

Frequency Response Scoop from 1k to 3k

Several of the headphone response curves show a scoop from around 1k to 3k relative to the Harman curve. In particular, the Neumann NDH-20 shows this. I'm interested in this headphone, so I asked Neumann about it. Their response is below... The NDH 20 are tuned as a neutral mixing/ monitoring...
  12. M

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

The video companion was great, thank your doing it, and providing the additional insights...
  13. M

Beyerdynamic T1 Review (V2 headphone)

The T1.2 was described as a HD800 at 1/2 the price...looking at the frequency response, that seems pretty accurate...The T1.2, HD800 and Neumann NDH-20 seem to have a scoop from about 1k to 3k relative to the Harman curve. I would think the Neumann guys would tune the headphones pretty close to...
Top Bottom