Recent content by moench3992

1. M

Recommendation of USB c DAC for use with Sony MDR-1R

@JohnBooty Well that certainly isn't constructive advice, especially given the fact that I already ordered a S3 Pro. But it still prompted me to look around a bit and I found there measurements at reference audio analyzer: https://reference-audio-analyzer.pro/en/report/hp/sony-1r.php#gsc.tab=0...
  2. M

Well the problem is that the DAC has a built-in micro-USB cable, which rules out switching cables. Thus the best I could do would be Phone -> USB-C to micro-USB -> Aqua -> Headphones. Given that the Aqua itself already is 74mm without the cable that would be still quite a bit of stuff hanging...
  3. M

Hidizs S3 Pro Review (Headphone Adapter)

I have got one of these coming in the mail and wanted to ask if anyone might know where to get the differently tuned firmwares? I looked at their download center and it seems to have neither driver nor firmware for the S3 Pro.
  4. M

I looked around a bit more and have gone with the Hidizs S3 Pro for now as it is the cheapest option on my list, but is nicely compact and seems to be favorably reviewed by Amir and elsewhere. While the Audirect Atom 2 would have been my favorite, due to the unique and very small USB-adapter...
  5. M

Thanks for the answer TheHighContemplator! Since your Meze headphones seem to be similar sensitivity wise, albeit with lower impedance, I would conclude that the 9038D should be more than enough power for my Sony ones. Though notable power draw on a notebook seems to likely rule it out for use...
  6. M

Hi @everyone ! I stumbled on this forum while searching for a decently compact USB C DAC/AMP for my Samsung Tab S7 (no 3.5) and Google Pixel 3a XL (3.5 but kinda meh). Up until now I have used a Nexum Aqua from a Kickstarter campaign, but since it is micro-USB with 2 adapters in between it gets...
Top Bottom