Recent content by mlieber507

1. M

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

If you use it a absolute maximum voltage then a slight power line transient can blow your TPA3255 chip out. Even TI stops at 53 volts.
  2. M

Assuming a parametric equalizer that provides adjustable gain, Q and frequency selection, 4 bands are usually enough. A lot of graphic equalizers, however, have 10 or more bands.
  3. M

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

This amplifier probably should be tested at 48 volts.10 amps. Its performance is highly dependent on power supply voltage and current. Further, the amp can be purchased from Aliexpress with no power supply for $50.00 and an extra $38.00 to Amazon for a 500 or 600 watt 48 volt supply. Also, it...
  4. M

Just out of curiosity, how many watts of low distortion audio do you get without a preamp, what voltage are you running you V3 at, what are you driving your V3 with. Thanks
  5. M

Equalizer APO in combination with its Peace front end provide this function in software at no cost on a PC
  6. M

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

It looks like the Aiyima A07 Max might compete with the Fosi M03. They are both Mono/Stereo units but the Aiyima is specified for a lot more power output as a result of its 48 volt Vmax rating. Maybe its more than just another me-to product.
  7. M

Your listening area size, tastes in dynamic range and speaker efficiency may all add up to a requirement for 5 to 12 watts. In that case you do not need 500 watts. I may have a larger listening room, like music with wide dynamic ranges, want to minimize distortion, and I use inefficient 4 ohm...
  8. M

If you think that a 50 watt per channel amplifier is great under all circumstances, then stick with it. Many other people feel differently than you do and they should not be made to look foolish because their opinions do not match yours.
  9. M

"Audiophiles here often change Aiyima power supplies because they think other supplies may sound better. Compatible higher voltage supplies may allow for louder volume, but there is no evidence they sound better." The statement about no evidence is a matter of opinion and not a fact. More...
  10. M

As my next step in pursuit of TPA3255 amplifier performance, I ordered a pair of fan equipped TPA3255 monophonic amplifier cards from amazon at a cost of $90. including tax. I will use a single $40. Drok 48V, 10A SMPS, running at 45V, to power both and mount the whole thing on a .25 inch...
  11. M

My 8 Ohm results were 77 Watts. All of my measurements were taken at output levels just below where clipping showed on my oscilloscope, probably around 1% THD. Also, I used a 500 Hz input signal. I would have to do 20Hz to 20KHz input signal sweeps to determine the amplifier's response...
  12. M

I use A07's with a small fan blowing air on to the top of the case and a 45 Volt 10 Amp SMPS. This prevents overheating with a 6 ohm speaker load at high volumes and many hours of operation. I have done the same with V3's, also with no overheating. My measured maximum output with the A07 was...
  13. M

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

It looks like your review may be showing more watts out (470 watts) than the power supply is rated for (340 watts).
  14. M

Would it be ok to control power to a Fosi Audio BT20A Pro with a smart plug?

Some Fosi amps do not suppress pops if you turn them on and then apply power. However at least one, the V3, will not pop when you apply power with the amp turned on. Unless someone has experience with this with a BT20A Pro, you can always buy it from the big A, try it, and return it if get a pop.
  15. M

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

Mono wired tpa3255 amps provide higher power into loads below 4 ohms where a stereo wired chip will not function. At 4 or more ohms mono wired chips provide a minor increase in power to the load. TI data sheets show this in thetr operating voltage vs output power curves for various load...
Top Bottom