Recent content by Mkilbride

1. M

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Meanwhile in another thread, Topping is accusing these guys of thievery. :P
  2. M

Gaming sound spatialization

G6 is definitely better from what I can tell. The X1 is significantly weaker, but also half the price.
  3. M

The Soundblaster option is actually superior to Atmos in a lot of games / 3D Audio options in my testing. I know, I didn't expect that either.
  4. M

Soundblaster G6 has SBX / Virtual Surround Sound. Portable AMP / DAC, should do the trick for you.
  5. M

New S.M.S.L. M300 SE 120$

This thing is a very tempting little device instead of a E30II lite or something as a DAC, wow.
  6. M

Normal headphone sound or virtual speakers?

The G6 Soundbasters VSS is incredibly impressive.
  7. M

Looking for a $150-$200 desktop DAC & amp combo (AIO or stack)

If you just want a DAC, why not the E30 II Lite? It's 99$ and is state of the art.
  8. M

TOPPING E30II Lite Next Tuesday!

There's a coupon take 5$ off from their website as well. SHENZHENAUDIO5 takes off 5$. Free shipping, so 94$ total for a state of the art DAC.
  9. M

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

That's a very tough thing to say, while the HD598SR sound good to me with music, I tend to find they muddy up the top end a little. Everything on the HD600 is perfectly separated, imaging is the term I believe. Some can find the lack of warmth offputting, but they reproduce exactly what they're...
  10. M

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Got these headphones last year during the Amazon pricing error for 99$. It lasted less than a minute, I was just browsing reddit and randomly saw someone posted it. I only bought one pair, feeling like it'd be canceled, others bought a dozen lol. before this I had used Sennheiser PC350, then...
  11. M

Looking for a $150-$200 desktop DAC & amp combo (AIO or stack)

I almost went with the DXPro3+ myself, I found an excellent deal on Ebay for a open box one for 105$. I almost went for it. Instead I went for a 110$ L30 II Amp and decided to use it with a Soundblaster G6. My reason is: As far as DACS go, the G6 and the Topping are identical as DACS have been a...
  12. M

I'm new here and all, but based off of everything I've read the last 2~ weeks, Amps and DACS are a solved issue. If you've got a transparent DAC that has all the inputs / ouputs you want, no reason to change it until it dies. If you've got a transparent Amp that can power all your headphones...
  13. M

The Lite seems pretty much functionally identical outside of that meme MQA stuff, one DAC instead of two, but functions are the same. Did they just make their non-lite redundant?
  14. M

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

Got another question here. When the Amp is running and I run my fingers along the top of it, I get a weird sensation. Not shock or anything but it's hard to describe as almost sandpapery? Doesn't happen when unity isn't powered on. Feels kind of pleasant though. Audio quality is perfect / no...
  15. M

Headphone Amp to Zone 2 (or 3)

I'd pick PCM. When I do Through, some audio does not play. Similar situation to you here. Using a Amp connected to my Denon Line Out.
Top Bottom