Recent content by mixsit

1. M

What to do about the ABX test?

Gads. I would offer never seeing voltage readings -or even one for that matter anywhere near consistent enough levels like that simply from the contact variations from my leads. Fluke 75s, 88s typically. Admittedly not High End here. :facepalm: :rolleyes:
  2. M

Speakers reviewed here at ASR- Mostly from members? Shipped by truck typically?

The reason I'm here for the most part, stem from my considering sending one for test. I've not been particularly at ease in some aspects, looked at a few possible options. Would like seeing' where other's landed.
  3. M

Audiophile grade ear cleaning device

:confused: Good Dog. Right up there with that.. 'thing they'd have us shove up our nose to rinse.. Never mind.. :facepalm:
  4. M

Newbie Acoustic Guitar player looking for Audio Interface ?

A few things to help out :>) First of all DVDdoug is spot on here; -The Shure sm57 is a cardioid mic. There's also some differences among 'cardioid mic's polar patterns -tightness/attenuation a various frequencies etc. (dynamic or condenser). -Generally for ac guitar- consider a condenser...
  5. M

Blew out the woofers on my brand new speakers, need help to find the cause

Yikes- I may have one of these hanging on the wall out back. '1967'ish, good for- 30-35 watts or so? :rolleyes:
  6. M

Saving you a lot of money

He was the one we had way back before the days we had Audio Science Review. Almost The Lone Wolf in a world of trash Hifi mags. :>)
  7. M

In Defense of the PanPot

With due respect to the linked mastering site's info, they are making a (quite common actually) error with regard to Haas panning delay ranges of 5-35Ms. I did do some back checks' as I hadn't visited' the subject in years. It was nice -actually :>) seeing again- numbers and side information...
  8. M

I’m at a wedding reception and

My goodness (or not!) Tapco is -was.. Mackie before he became/started Mackie :(
  9. M

Looks like Class D is the only option for ultra clean, high power amplification

I tend to not venture into this (that) end of the audio arts, but, I am curious and would be interested to see/read perhaps directed to more of what is generally meant there? Thanks
  10. M

Soundstage and imaging

It takes quite a bit of audio level to 'undo the image shift from very small differences in arrival time. Left over from my home studio/audio learnin' days :>)
  11. M

General question on dynamic range and music

I really hoped to hear this. The one version I found did have vocal and keys very back in the mix, and the rest of the band very forward. Different than described, but still a huge very nice -thank you, dynamic shift. :>) Looking a bit further as to the versions- I was surprised to see a good...
  12. M

Anyone else miss Winamp?

Liked the Spatializer' thingy it had for a while. Wanted to have it around for fun and interest but it went away..
  13. M

Is transient response the most important thing for the perceived audio quality in a system ?

My 70 year old gut tells me, the wave front passes through the space, but the space (or room) was never actually pressurized.
  14. M

Quality speakers for classical music with high output/volume

I would like to with some caution/reservation to say that level of volume -masking of speech not typical of live orchestral. A big band at forte and very close range perhaps? :>)
Top Bottom