Recent content by Miniyouuuu

1. M

Dirac vs Audyssey Results and Questions

Dirac is capable of this 14dB bump, but I would recommend moving the cortain to 30Hz or more. This Valley seem to be a matter of room modes. When Dirac applies a bump in that low bass area, you’ll see secondary effects in audio. Check those results on REW and I bet you’ll see waterfall issues.
  2. M

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

It’s easier to cut than to bump. But I’d choose none of the examples With Dirac you are trying to improve the audio perception in one spot or a media between several spots. Dirac is smart enough to introduce some phase and impulse filters that affect the signal before amplification and later...
  3. M

hegel h95 or Arcam SA30?

You could choose any amp you want and add a MiniDSP for Dirac. Dirac helps fine tuning of speakers on place. Amps help to serve enough power to speakers. But even on low volumen, power attack differ for one amp to other due to mínimum internal differences.
  4. M

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Surely with similar or same components, IAG develops quite diferent speakers with their own personality. Such as Audi, Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda… they all share engine, platform and many components, but Audi will be sportier, Skoda softier…
  5. M

Wharfedale, Leak, Castle, Mission they all belong to IAG group. As many car groups, they are able to share main components between their own brands in order to split development cost. Here another example, Castle Windsor:
  6. M

Another Denton similar speaker from IAG group: Leak Sandwich 150
  7. M

It’s crazy, because during Dovedale release (super Linton) we heard and view some examples of Aston speakers (premium denton model) but we never got that model, and now they are presenting a 3 way Denton!
  8. M

After Denton 80 we saw Denton 85 with 6,5”speaker. Now they’ll release the Super Denton, a 3 way shelve speaker:
  9. M

Is miniDSP 2x4 HD really that bad?

Ok, now I understand. Flex digital give you the chance to pick toslink/coaxial from a streamer, correct Phase/frecuency and send it through toslink/coaxial to an external DAC or amp with DAC. No need for PC, just the day you measure and develop each set. Additionally, flex digital allow rca...
  10. M

You mean you can connect USB Out to the DAC?? I thought USB in/out was PC/Mac only.
  11. M

Regular Flex vs 2x4HD will be similar. But 2x4HD don't have Digital or Balanced version. Flex Digital retain in the digital section up to your DAC. 2x4HD is analog input-digital-analog output.
  12. M

I heard the Dentons 80th at a store. I liked them. Less detail than more modern speakers but more character and personality. After that I bought the Dentons 85th. Sounded similar to my ears. I couldn’t hear both at same place so I wouldn’t dare to set differences. After 3 months I returned the...
  13. M

Setup Review (former Audiolab Omnia vs 9000)

In my case, having and external streamer gave me the chance to implement Dirac/REW with a MiniDSP Flex Digital in between streamer and amp. Maximum flexibility and room control. MiniDSP SHD include streamer (volumio) and DAC. Measures well as DAC and will match any amp through RCA line In...
  14. M

Linton + Leak 230 :) visual match and Hdmi eArc for TV connection. Or Audiolab 7000a +7000cdt+7000n Wonderfull combination of separates: amp with Hdmi eArc+Cd transport+streamer
  15. M

Here you have a thread with the many amps recommended for Linton Speakers: Linton amps Finally he chosed the Yamaha, but later he discovered NR800 internals were closer to S501 than S801.
Top Bottom