Recent content by Milanraf

1. Milanraf

Chapeau ou non? (PCM5102MK non-HAT DAC review)

With those 2nd harmonic dominance, wide bandwidth and output filter profile, this could well be the el-cheapo tube-sound-lovers panacea for the digital era. Giù il cappello!
  2. Milanraf

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

I meant: do we still need more detail than this? Could this (and the other devices in this class) be the end of DAC development toward signal perfection?
  3. Milanraf

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

Where should we go from here? What's left in DAC improvements, facilities aside?
  4. Milanraf

Octavio Stream - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

With those prominent even harmonics, it would be interesting to collect subjective evaluations too
  5. Milanraf

Douk VU3 VU Meter Review (Updated Version)

I remember many power amplifiers with a x10 or so switch to change the range for better readability. Impedance apart, which is a known limit of power meters in amplifiers, this would be a more useful way to implement a sensitivity control. But a knob with no scale... $130 just to know whether...
  6. Milanraf

Douk VU3 VU Meter Review (Updated Version)

These VUs look almost identical in style (PEAK led apart) to the ones of my first mixer Inkel MX-995...a tremendous revival... Anyway I can't get the actual use of such a measurement instrument (if I can call it this way). Expecially with that -20/+5 scale and a sensitivity knob. Which...
  7. Milanraf

Atoll DAC200 Signature - Review & Measurements (DAC)

I perfectly understand you. I am still using an Arcam Delta Black Box 500 DAC for this same reason and the inputs are full. Remote control is a plus.
  8. Milanraf

My electronics professor used to say: "almost every newly graduated can design a proper low* frequency digital circuit, there's loads of literature, patterns and working examples to inspire and steal from, but analog is another story. Today a good analog designer worths like gold". ATOLL...
  9. Milanraf

Didn't mean to make you work. Your job's over, on a blackbox testing perspective. I just proposed that for the love of science. In front of such a broken product, the curiosity rises.
  10. Milanraf

Do you think it would be feasible to measure the signal before the analog output stage? Just to understand where the design failure is, at least in terms of THD and IMD (less for HUM). I suspect the most part of the problems lays in the discrete gain stage, rather than in the actual DAC...
  11. Milanraf

KEF Ci200RR-THX In-ceiling/In-Wall Speaker Review

With these frequency response and directivity patterns, it looks even a good option for in-wall mounting in those cases where a not fixed listening point is foreseen.
Top Bottom