Recent content by Michel Forbes

1. M

Neumann MT 48

The Anubis or MT48 uses a FPGA circuit (the Zinq from Xylinx) and the aluminum casing act as a heatsink + the fan. I used one for the last two years and never had a problem when the fan is at the low position.
  2. M

Neumann MT 48

Do you want to import the REW file in the Anubis ?
  3. M

Neumann MT 48

Anubis PRO SP + HAPI DAC 8ch for feeding the 7.1 Genelec Monitor For 7.1.4 we used the 4 Anubis Analog Output for the ATMOS speaker 5.1 and 7.1.4 Mixing studio equipped with Genelec Monitor RME Fireface ULX SPL Volume 8 Metric Halo 2882 (for bass management+EQ+Delay) Marantz AV7705 Sanus Rack...
  4. M

Neumann MT 48

It depends what your considered irrelevant. Using the Anubis in our case remove about 10,000$ equipement. Having the possibility of using DSP on each speaker output paid for the unit itself. We add a HDMI to AES67 converter and we could switch flawlessely between a DAW and a Gaming console. Just...
  5. M

My son bought a cassette deck!

I bought this one in 1979, I used it up to the 2003. The Superscope CD-330 3 Heads Running on Batteries Built-in amplifier with Speaker Output Use it to record music, shows, playback music between and after set and bring the unit in the hotel room to relax :-)
  6. M

Daphile is the music server running on Linux on SBC computer ( Single Board Computer) LMS Logitech Media Server is the player The Rpi + DAC ( Pirate Audio) is the analog output (2V) and feed the JVC Tape Input I make sure that the modulation don't go over OVU ( Peak at + 1.5 max) Using old TDK...
  7. M

Using Daphile Paylist, Play from RAM, Rpi+Pirate Audio+Picoreplayer, JVC CD-1636C and TDK SA. Lots of fun and the result is totally analog, with the punchy compressed bass and high frequency rolloff.
  8. M

Logitech Media Server etc...

The Transporter got a word clock input and there is a major sound reproduction improvement by using an external word clock. I used an AVID Clock as Word Clock Generator.
  9. M

Genelec and AES67/Ravenna

Sorry for the late reply. The Genelec 8430 are compatible Ravenna and AES67, so yes , it's possible to use them with the Anubis in an AoIP configuration. https://www.genelec.com/8430a
  10. M

Genelec and AES67/Ravenna

For demanding AV applications, our growing range of Smart IP loudspeaker models support Ravenna and Dante-compatible AES67 streams. Smart IP employs uncompressed low-latency audio streaming directly into each loudspeaker, with loudspeaker synchronisation to sub-microsecond level for solid...
  11. M

Wattson Emerson Analog (1250 Euro) - companies have no nerves

I listened to both products -Emerson and Analog-, the Emerson provided a very good playback based on improved clocking. It's a good alternative to give back life to old DAC without USB (or poor USB) implementation. For the price...we talk about small volume of production from a small company...
  12. M

Genelec S360 Review (Studio Monitor)

Don't forget that those type of monitors are used in multi-channel set-up. The Genelec shines when used in ambiophonic set-up. Just respect the correct geometry for speaker placement and bang...no bad surprises.
  13. M

iancanada's over the top DIY DAC video - this is great!

Most HiFi products originate from a DiY experiment and refinements offered at a very decent price should be encouraged. In digital reproduction, everything related to clocking could be improved, designing clocks and PLL is a tedious job. Using the Raspberry Pi SBC opens a completely new approach...
  14. M

Why not...the target is high-end DiY...and frankly this fair a price when you look at the quality of board design. Have read the manual for each product....it's highly professional for a one-man band.
  15. M

There is more than one approach to designing DAC, Ian Canada decided to push the envelope in modularity and clocking using the Rpi. If you look at the PSU, Super Capacitor, Linear, Battery... The quality of board assemblage is also amazing considering the price.
Top Bottom