Recent content by Merifon

1. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

Try to post on wiim forum also. Guys from WiiM usually read and answer. https://forum.wiimhome.com/forums/-/list
  2. Merifon

No subwoofer output NAD M33 and Dirac Live

3.9.1 beta works with Nad C3050LE. The subwoofer channel does as required. With 3.8.2 was mute. Just seen a new beta 3.9.7 is available. It has same changelog plus "Fixed an issue that could cause the app to stall after a failed login attempt", not listed for 3.9.1
  3. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

Open a ticket with with app. They are usually fast responding.
  4. Merifon

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Yes, as soon you disable "fixed volume", you can control volume from WiiM app, on any kind of connection.
  5. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

Of course, headphones have a relatively closed and stable reference. As far for rooms, I would suggest to get a response measure, at least with some app, House curves for iOS for example, android models are too much to have so reliable result. Believe me, the measure of real behavior of room, is...
  6. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

Am i wrong or you want apply a generic correction to your room? If it's the case, forget that it can fit with your room. Any ambient has its proper Schroeder frequency and its own resonance mode behavior for basses and reflections and decay for upper ones. A generic (and random) equalization...
  7. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

None of those services is perfect, for example in Tidal, playing through Tidal connect, doesn't keep track of recently played, suggested mix don't change frequently and search has some quirks but on the other side, suggestions with "play similar music" are interesting and not so "mainstream"...
  8. Merifon

WiiM Mini Streamer

I did same thoughts and started try out on various services to find best alternative. I tried Amazon, Qobuz and Tidal, since I wanted so called "bit perfection" and Airplay2 from apple is not clear if it does even AAC lossy compression. After all I stay with Tidal but is matter of personal taste.
  9. Merifon

WiiM Pro Streamer

I just tested, Tidal's favorites albums and songs, appear in wiim app. Why don't you use Tidal app itself? I think is much better than wiim home, for this streamer.
  10. Merifon

I guess nobody... If you take a file and upsample or downsample it in a proper way on a proper gear. Differences may eventually lie on the response of a given dac at different sample frequencies or if the editions are not equally treated. Aniway a higher number on display give better feelings...
  11. Merifon

yes, on windows systems, exclusive mode take direct control of audio device, bypassing some operating system's modules. It should anyway better, if you don't need other sounds... This affects USB output use only, not the Wiim that is driven directly by streaming source from the net.
  12. Merifon

maybe i'm wrong but i remind in sound output, below system default, after choose what device, the possibility to exclusive use or similar. I had an external Yamaha dac and different choices leaded to differente results, maybe just in loudness... I'm not using anymore the desktop app and cannot...
  13. Merifon

Maybe i'm not recalling well but there should be some settings for Tidal app output on laptop, i think direct output or through windows mixer. Could this lead to different results?
  14. Merifon

That's strange, in a obsessive compulsive phase, I tested on the same dac (smsl DO100) , the same songs from two Tidal hi-fi accounts, confronting wiim mini and an iphone usb connected. I setup to playing songs in sync and switched from an input to the other and back. To be honest, I didn't hear...
Top Bottom