Recent content by Memoryerror

1. Memoryerror

Headphones and the Harman target curve

I really think that the future really lies in stuff like Smyth Research is doing: https://smyth-research.com/
  2. Memoryerror

Electrostatic Headphone Amplifier Review & Comparison

From my limited understanding it sounds like you may have developed an ark between stators. Again in my limited understanding, it sounds like you may have developed a hole(s) in the diaphragm(s) when the popping happened prior was probably the diaphragm sticking to the stator. A good practice...
  3. Memoryerror

$500 amplifiers to test and review?

I haven't heard the PA3, so I can't do a comparison to that. But my guess is that it would not measure the greatest. It doesn't sound the cleanest even with not so efficient speakers. It doesn't sound bad. If I were to compare it to headphone amps it sounds closer to the Massdrop CTH than...
  4. Memoryerror

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I had the input to my DX7S DAC paused and could hear the noise. I could also hear it while playing music. Edit: I switched over to RCA cables (I am using the XLR for my Stax energizer now). I found that it goes away when I have the RCA passthrough disconnected (they are connected to my speaker...
  5. Memoryerror

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

I felt like using earbuds as I have a pimple that my overear headphones are annoying. And I noticed a slight repeated popping sound. I have my 789 hooked up to my DX7s with xlr cables and I was on the lowest gain signal. Any idea what to try to stop it?
  6. Memoryerror

Dac/Amp or Dac & Amp Suggestion

You could also go with the JDS Labs El DAC and use your MacBook's optical out (headphone jack doubles as toslink) and pair it with the Atom amp. But I guess that goes above your price range.
  7. Memoryerror

Amir's TODO thread

There are quite a few extra models from Stax it sound like Amir owns several. Not to mention that other companies make energizers that will work with Stax, Woo Audio, iFi, Headamp, Mjolnir.
  8. Memoryerror

Measurements of Nakamichi Dragon Cassette Deck

Was thinking that you could use a tape adapter, like: https://www.amazon.com/Reshow-Car-Audio-Cassette-Adapter/dp/B07FKFMRGF I guess that would have to be measured though somehow.
  9. Memoryerror

Amir's TODO thread

I would like to see Stax energizers, if you are able to measure them.
  10. Memoryerror

Seeking Recommendation of Flat, High-Isolation Cans

Shure SRH1540 might fit the bill. Too bad the Oppo PM-3 is no longer in production.
  11. Memoryerror

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Modhouseadio is selling Soekris products now. This DIY R2R DAC looks interesting: https://www.modhouseaudio.com/diy-products/dam-1021
  12. Memoryerror

(under) 300$ DAC/AMP for headphones

Still. Unless you want a separate DAC and Amp.
Top Bottom