• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
What more do you have in the theater rack (withholding measurements for us)? :)
Please do not say Crown CTs amps. I have some old Crown CTs-1200 I really wonder how they measure.
Crown amp has been provided for testing. :)

In the rack is a Parasound 5 channel amp. It weighs 100+ pounds, and it got stuck when dropped it into the rack due to it being slight too large. So it ain't come out! :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have bought mine from the TEMPOTEC Official Store on Aliexpress.
The seller was very friendly and fast in communication.
I went bargain shopping from dhgate and it bit me. Net cost was $95 or some such thing after multiple discount coupons! So now I am paying for it....

sssn

Do you have the Fiio K3 available? It's the succesor to the E10K, with line, balanced and unbalanced outputs.

rajapruk

Forum Donor
In the rack is a Parasound 5 channel amp. It weighs 100+ pounds, and it got stuck when dropped it into the rack due to it being slight too large. So it ain't come out! :)

We need to start measure our gear physically now as well??
Maybe you should start a new forum, called audiosizereview.com!

Music1969

Major Contributor
I have gotten other requests for it but as mentioned, it is way too expensive for me to purchase.
Hi amir

Are there any recent plans for someone to loan you the iFi Pro iDSD for measurements?

I believe they also have a 30 day returns policy in the US?

Music1969

Major Contributor
someone could buy it, have it measured, and return if unsatifactory

example reseller https://www.musicdirect.com/dac/iFi-Pro-iDSD-Desktop-DAC 60-day return window

Yep. I'm not in the US unfortunately otherwise I would happily.

I saw amir measured the iFi micro iDSD Black Label and it performed respectably.

With "Pro" in the name of their iDSD flagship it would be interesting to see how it measures.

Last edited:

DrTebi

Crown amp has been provided for testing. :)

LOL. I hope you won't have to do any repairs on it anytime soon, or you will be locked into your rack with a soldering iron :)

Francis Vaughan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Something I think a lot of the DIY community might be interested in would be a Buffalo DAC. A Buffalo-IIIsePro38 with Mercury IV converter would be great. Pricey however.

Biblob

Since I bought the Fiio E17 as my first audio product as a 16 year old, Since then been a fan of this brand. Lovely products. So I definetely support measuring more Fiio products. :)

Graph Feppar

One problem is that amir as far as I am aware can only test balanced output with his AP if it have XLR jack,this little Fio K3 have the tiny 2.5mm balanced jack like the DAPs.I think he will have to get XLR to 2.5mm adapter to test the balanced output.

bigx5murf

I'd really like to see some more of the cheap bare boards on eBay. Especially a more in depth look at the ES9038Q2M one someone measured on this board, that diyaudio is all gaga over modifying. Especially now that there's been a few revisions.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I'd really like to see some more of the cheap bare boards on eBay. Especially a more in depth look at the ES9038Q2M one someone measured on this board, that diyaudio is all gaga over modifying. Especially now that there's been a few revisions.
So far everything I have tested of that kind has been horrible. None of these are tested to see if they actually perform. So I am not inclined to buy more of them but if someone wants to and sends it to me, I will measure. :)

wiggum

May I suggest Sony's NW-A35 or A45 or A55 music players? All of these use the Sony's exclusive S-Master amplifier. It is a direct
PCM -> PWM -> low pass filter -> audio output. Sony claims a lot of BS. Unfortunately, there isn't any objective review of these amplifiers and it would be interesting to see whether Sony's claims are true. It is around US$200.

Top Bottom