Recent content by lightrush

1. L

ICEPower 125ASX2 Class D Amplifier Review

Yeah I'm pretty sure mine is wired incorrectly and I had wrong on one side all along. I have 2 amps like this for each side. One is wired correctly the other isn't. Thank you for the free upgrade!
  2. L

That's a great observation. It might explain why I had to flip the polarity of one of the outputs in order to get the correct response. This amp is used to feed a full-range and a bass driver in a single speaker. Each channel feeds one driver. The crossover is done via a miniDSP before the amp...
  3. L

Here you go. This is how I've wired mine. Not sure what single ended means in this context. This is 2 channels in 2 channels out on the pic. As you can see, half of the input signal wires aren't connected.
  4. L

I run mine with the covers removed and the caps sit around 50°C.
  5. L

None whatsoever. With that said, the plate amps available from Hypex could be a nice alternative to anyone looking at this module. I'm using 2x 125ASX2 with a MiniDSP but 2 of the cheapest plate amps from Hypex could have done it better for the same cost.
  6. L

High sample rate SPDIF from HDMI by going via I2S?

Hey all, please excuse my noobness. I recently got this HDMI extractor because Netflix on Android refuses playback via a USB DAC. I tested it and all works well. It plays by the rules and outputs at 48K on the coaxial SPDIF. Then I read what the I2S output is used for and the following scheme...
  7. L

They do actually. I believe the rule of thumb was half the lifetime every 10°C up. So while they can and will operate at 105°C, they will only do so for several thousand hours at that temperature, which is the typical lifetime rating of electrolytic capacitors. Conversely, their life doubles...
  8. L

Mine run in the 50s °C in Ghent with *covers off* at 25°C ambient temperature. I've ordered some Noctua low profile fans that I'm planning to install to move air. I'm pretty sure the temps are going to drop dramatically then and longevity is going to increase. Caps running at 30°C are much...
  9. L

Haha, one of the two v1s I have died just last week. The power light (Ghent box) started blinking in what is most probably some troubleshooting code pattern.
  10. L

It's very likely that Amir tested a v1 unit in the Ghent box. I'm really curious to see if that could explain the differences in measurements of the unit he tested and the Yamaha WXA-50 which uses a v2.
  11. L

BTW, for proof that there was an earlier version, look no further than the picture in the official datasheet. The unit pictured in it is *not* the "v2" layout. It's the older one, like the ones from EBay.
  12. L

Yeah, or an earlier obsolete version. 125ACX2 is at least a decade old module so it makes perfect sense for multiple iterations to exist. The majority of the stock on EBay is the old version. But this one seller I linked in my original post ships the proper one for $150. I was in fact very...
  13. L

It was posted in this thread a few pages back: I'm using the same terminology. There are differences in the caps, bridge, aux power and the input section. The unit in the Yamaha WXA-50 uses the "v2" version. Most units on EBay are the "v1" version. You can spot a lot of differences on the...
  14. L

So I found what looks like v2 on EBay shipping from no other than Wuhan. $150 shipped (to Canada). The unit arrived and it works. It really looks like a real v2 from pics and the explainer video someone posted here. Here are pics of the v2. And this is the v1.
  15. L

Delta-sigma vs “Multibit”: what’s the big deal?

Does that mean that multibit and DS DACs with filters, oversampling, etc. correctly implemented as required by the Sampling Theorem's are both devices covered under it and therefore equivalent in their ability to reproduce the original signal?
Top Bottom