Recent content by lapzoo

1. lapzoo

My Schiit Heresy + Modi 3 sounds like Schiit?

I'll get rid of both the Schiit DAC and Heresy. Heresy for obvious reasons, and I didn't hear a difference at all between the K5 Pro's internal and Schiit's DAC. Thanks for helping guys. Just gonna keep listening with the K5, I guess it's good enough anyways
  2. lapzoo

Yeah, connected the Modi 3 DAC with the FiiO K5 Pro, and it sounds normal. Not sure though how I can connect another source with the Heresy. What cable do I need to connect it to my PC?
  3. lapzoo

Yeah, and I just did some blind testing, guessing right every time which was which as the distortion on the Heresy is so very audible.
  4. lapzoo

Don't know really what you mean with the first question. I put the internal windows volume to 50% now and the Heresy volume higher. Still distorted. (If that's what you meant, sorry for being a little incompetent :D)
  5. lapzoo

No I didn't use it before, I just wanted to try out @Cahudson42s advice, plugging it into the PC directly. And this Y cable seems to me the only way to do that. This is how it actually is plugged in. DAC connected to my PC with USB is where it gets the power and audio signal.
  6. lapzoo

Adding the 5V additionally didn't help, same problem. Connecting it via analog audio out gives me no sound at all. I'm using this AUX Y-cable though... So two RCA (left right) into the Heresy and it "bundles" in an aux 3,5mm which I plug into the green pc output on the back. I did a quick...
  7. lapzoo

I bought the Schiit Stack to use it in combination with my Hifiman Sundara. I experience huge amounts of distortion, like a really scratchy sound that is especially present in mids that weren't at all there using the FiiO K5 Pror. Unlistenable. But since no one else seems to have this, issue...
  8. lapzoo

Sound level meter - Do I have to spend a lot of money?

Tried out some apps. The meter shown to me using different ones has variations of ~20dB... not too reliable it seems (using the Galaxy S9).
  9. lapzoo

Sound level meter - Do I have to spend a lot of money?

Before buying some expensive device, I wanted to ask here. I want to have one to measure the loudness of my headphones. Read about how fast you can damage your ears by listening too loud, which scared me a bit and now I want certainty. Now there are lots of devices $100+... but maybe even some...
  10. lapzoo

K5 Pro not enough for Hifiman Sundara?

Hm... there's got to be a whole lot of bad recordings then. x) No, the Sundara is the best pair I owned so far. @twsecrest It does sound good from my smartphone. But that doesn't say much I think, since the volume is very low there. Btw: From the 3 gain stages, I have the K5 Pro set to the...
  11. lapzoo

Oh noes, so it's the Sundaras. Can someone recommend headphones that sound similar to them? I actually like it with most genres. Unfortunately this lack of clarity in these busy parts I am too often confronted with. So a sound signature similar to those of the Sundaras I'd like, with a bit more...
  12. lapzoo

Hey, I basically looked through the whole internet looking for an answer. So I'm asking it here now. I find that there is a lack of clarity/resolution listening to some rock/metal (the genres I listen most to). But usually only when the songs gets really busy: loud, lots of instruments...
Top Bottom