Recent content by kouki_monster

1. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Well, others may disagree with me here. But IMO there is no "real" upgrade for us humans, even if a computer can differentiate between the two. This forum is a bit of a paradox to me. Guys here seem to want to find out what is the best even if it doesn't matter? Which I get and respect.. but one...
  2. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

No. Not sonically at least. Not an upgrade unless you desire the additional functionality such as a display, remote, or volume control.
  3. K

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

It has volume control. I think amir is just more interested in reviewing the technical aspects of the device instead of the features list.. which can be easily accessed via the manufacturers website, etc.
  4. K

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II vs Topping E30: Features

If you read the entire review thread for each, a lot of your questions have been discussed. In my eyes, the SMSL costs less, but the E30 edges it out in performance, as well as after-sale support. Aesthetics / design is another subjective consideration for some. I believe the filters would be...
  5. K

DAC for subwoofer(s) only

Check out the new Topping E30.
  6. K

Are a dac and an headphone amplifier really worth it vs my phone ?

Different people are different. It doesn't sound like it would be worth it for you. If you didn't hear a difference between the typical streaming quality song from Spotify vs. the "Hi-Res" file from Tidal, etc.. then that's that! Or.. keep listening and see if you can find it? The difference is...
  7. K

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

How about the Emotiva PT-100? I believe @suttondesign might even have one available to measure? Neat little DAC/Preamp that also has built-in FM tuner, bluetooth expandability, as well as analogue inputs.. all for $299. Could be worth it if the DAC is competent? Also has sub-out which many...
  8. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

I see the facepalm and respectfully wonder why? To each his own for sure. I feel I may have come off too opinionated earlier, too, when I said I don't think subs are necessary for music. Hey, I say do whatcha want, and if you like a lot of bass, there is nothing wrong with doing it your way as...
  9. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Surely this cord is included with the DAC, no?
  10. K

Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100 Review

If you think about it.. LED lighting, just like DAC's, sure has come a long way in the last 10 years huh?! ;-p
  11. K

They make good stuff. Their tiny cube "Minx" speakers are fantastic for their size.
  12. K

I looked at both of the DacMagic models and really wanted to want one, but in the end the performance/$ ratio of today's "Chi-fi" won me over. If Cambridge could shave $50 off of each model's price then they'd have some real contenders IMO.
  13. K

D50s vs. Sanskrit 10th MkII

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and splurged on the TOPPING D50s from Apos Audio. I can't say enough about the great service thus-far from CJ @ Apos. I hope that this little DAC will be sufficient in my 2 ch. speaker music listening setup for many years to come. Cheers
  14. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

If they weren't, I'd say that they should be judging by today's trends... We are a minority, but there are many of us out there that are interested in 2 channel music listening. Perhaps not from an AVR, but from an audio receiver. I assume that capable products are there from the likes of...
  15. K

Topping E30 DAC Review

Forgive me. I'm still relatively new to this compared to many of you guys. I was suggesting using a 2 channel DAC to feed a preamp/splitter (the "receiver"). Then from there feed your amp for your mains and your amps for your subs, which typically have their own crossovers built in, no? I...
Top Bottom