Recent content by klimal

1. K

What dac would be an upgrade to the burr brown 7904 dac in the Gato CDDT1?

I am looking for more in terms of staging and imaging. Used to play records and using BAT tube power amps. Loved the sound I ws hearing especially the 3D imaging. However, I sold the tube amps and ventured into streaming as records are getting prohibitively expensive. But i do miss the airy...
  2. K

Yes, it's the Gato CDD-1 The top 20 dacs tested here has SINAD >120dB. Would it be an audible difference vs 98dB
  3. K

I am currently streaming using a Asus tinkerboard with Volumio OS through the Gato CDDT1's onboard dac . This onboard dac is the burr brown 7904, which is ancient by current rate of development imho. With the current explosion of D/S dacs with extremely good measurements, I am tempted to get one...
  4. K

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Definitely more hesitant to pull trigger.
  5. K

I stand corrected, not much of consolation tho' coz it lasted anly 5 days. I was using the original power brick that came with the PA5, so it probably didn't matter. All in a rather disappointing experience.
  6. K

Sad to say the replacement "PA5 II Plus" also died after only 5 days. I was asked to destroy it and send them pics for the refund which I did. I received the refund but lost out on the Paypal commission which was deducted when i transferred out to my bank acc. What was more disappointing was...
  7. K

Just to update on my case. I have just received a new PA5ii Plus as a replacement for my faulty PA5. Postage and shipment all borne by Topping. Thank you MAB for referring me to the Topping Service member here. Topping also provided great service too. Tho'the product may be faulty, can't say the...
  8. K

Thank you very much. Most helpful. I have forwarded to my seller here in Malaysia. He initially says no more warranty, then after I informed him about the two years, he said I have to bear postage which came to USD50 one way..which is ridiculous in this day and age. Shouldn't Topping bear this...
  9. K

Can anyone share the link about the 2 year extended warranty on the PA5?
  10. K

It happened again. 6 months after getting it back from the first repair, it started to crackle and hiss in the left output and gradually lose its spl. Now it is out of warrany and i would need to pay for shipping and repair in China. Is it worth the hassle. I must say it was a great listen when...
  11. K

I finally got back my PA5 which I sent for warranty repairs in Jan 2023. The local agent was most helpful and prompt with updates. The Covid lockdown then in China did not help expedite things either, but I am happy to report it is now working and sounds as good as before.
  12. K

I am sending mine back via the vendor with an email to Shenzhen Audio. Hope to confirm the extended 2 years warranty and since it's a known design issue, to get free shipping too. I do like the sound it produces .
  13. K

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Do you you get any popping sound when you change tracks while playing dsd ?
  14. K

I am using Asus Tinkerboard with the SU-8 dac. I get a loud "prrk" sound with DSD playback when I either select a song or used the next song button . Is it a problem with the dac or the Volumio?
  15. K

Check the voltage dip-switch is correct for your country. Change power cord and try again
Top Bottom