Recent content by karl

1. K

Issue with THX 789 Balanced 'clicking' when high gain

It was the cable, my janky cable sounds like crap but it works up to full volume! I let the vendor I purchased it from know that the cable is the issue with the periapt. Thanks again for all the help!!
  2. K

The easier option since I am a novice when it comes to soldering is 2.5mm screw to 3.5 mm screw to the adapter. I actually realized that the 2.5mm to 3.5mm I was using was not balanced hence why I could get left channel (I think) so it actually does look like it boils down to the cable. I am...
  3. K

Thanks! I actually found a 4 pin xlr connector and now just need to find correct wiring, do you have any recommendations Amirm. Also I forgot thank you for your help. I am very much excited about making my own cable.
  4. K

If I wanted to do a 3.5mm instead that would be a 4 pin, correct? Edit: I forgot to link it: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PQTKMM7
  5. K

The adapter I bought was on amazon and a xlr to 2.5mm (which I had to go 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter). Ill try and find another xlr to 3.5mm plug to see if it happens to be just both cables too. EDIT: I also checked the cable with a multimeter and unless it was the housing causing an issue, I am not...
  6. K

The single ended mode is flawless, so I am enjoying that mode now. I have reached out massdrop support and am getting another replacement. I will update this post once that happens, usually takes a week or two.
  7. K

Greetings everyone, I am going crazy. I don't know if I am just getting terrible luck or if it is something on my end and not the amp. Below is an issue I have had with two of the amps. RMA'd the first one and now maybe even the second. When using the balanced headphone out I am getting it...
Top Bottom